Chapter 1

Magnolia felt her eyelids slowly flutter open as she awoke on her bed. It was already the start of the winter break in February, the following year. The snow haired girl strectched on her bed, planning what she was going to do during the break. 'You could meet your father,' She heard a voice in her head. "Yeah, I suppose I could Lacri," she mumbled before getting out of bed to change.

Magnolia got ready for the day, wearing a cream sweater blouse and denim shorts, with tights underneath. She headed downstairs where she saw her oldest brother, the one with two white streaks behind his ear. "Levi, I'm going out!" She called to her brother who was reading the newspaper. "Be safe," he added as she rushed out.

With the addition of a cream scarf around her neck and matching gloves, the girl gleefully skipped as she ran over to Angelina's house. She rang the doorbell and waited for a while. There wasn't an answer, so she rang once more. She liked how their doorbell went: Ding Dong~. The young girl giggled and started ringing it continously. The door abruptly and roughly opened, revealing the recently out of bed brunette.

"Yes, Wolfy?" She growled, obviously haven't had her coffee yet. "Good morning Camey! Wanna head out today!!" She greeted. Camellia quietly closed the door. Magnolia waited outside for another ten minutes or so, playing on their yard and making snow angels.

Then, the front door opened once more when she was making her 24th angel. It was Dietrich, with a snow shovel in hand. "So, you're inviting my girls out?" He asked as he started to shovel the driveway. Magnolia sat up and nodded. "Yea! I'm gonna show them my favorite place in the whole wide world!" She boasted. "But you're only 15, what makes you think that it will be your favorite place?" Dietrich asked.

Magnolia was about to answer when she hesitated. "Because it's a part of me." She answered. The German nodded as he shoveled. "When I was your age, my grandmother told me stories of witches and werewolves," he added, "and I'm surprised to see one right in front of me." Dietrich was done shoveling a quarter of the driveway.

Magnolia tilted her head to the side. "Why would you say that?" She asked. Dietrich stopped and turned to the girl. "I've seen and heard how you act. And my family have been known for hunting down supernaturals." He explained, before continuing with shoveling, quickening his pace.

"I'm sure your father or grandfather might have heard of the Ghost Forest Fire Incident." Dietrich hinted and finished up with the shoveling just as Angelina and Camellia emerged from the house. Angelina was in a white coat while Camellia a black coat.

Magnolia shot up from her angel as Camellia headed over to the garage. "Mag, where do you want to bring us?" She quizzed. Magnolia just smiled, and hurried over to the truck as Camellia started the engines.

"I'll presume you three will be eating out?" He asked as they sat inside. Dietrich rested his arms on the window sill of the driver's door as Camellia changed to her favorite radio. "We might come back for dinner, but we'll update you if anything happens." She added.

"Have a nice day, girls," Dietrich smiled and returned to the house, allowing Camellia to wind her window up and drive off. "So Mag, where are we going?" Angelina asked once more. "Crescent Valley." The snow haired girl answered, surprising her best friends.

"Do you have like a secret hideout there?" Angelina asked. Magnolia shrugged. "I wouldn't really say hideout. You'll find out later." She smiled.

・・・

It wasn't long until they reached the valley, travelling through the scenic route. It was a literal winter wonderland as snow covered almost everything. "Pull over here," Magnolia pointed at the secluded clearing. Doubtful, Camellia pulled over and stopped in there.