Chapter 6

"Good job Vix." Ms. Scales claps quietly trying not to frighten all the huge reptiles in the barn. Vix shrugs her shoulders and looks unamused. Ms. Scales puts a hand on Vix's shoulder. "Vix, aren't you happy you got a dragon?" Vix looks at her dragon slouching on the corner. "Meh..." Vix walks back bro the crowd and waits. "W-Well why don't you all go back outside and I'll tell you what to do when we get out there." She starts walking out of the barn. The the crowd quickly follows. "What is wrong with Vix? Why isn't she excited about a new dragon?" Ava whispers to me. "I don't know, she got the best and the rarest dragon here, she should be pretty great full." I look at Vix walking at the back of the group.

We get outside and all gather in a small crowd waiting for the teachers command. Ms. Scales closes the barn doors. Some of the dragons start howling, wanting to escape the tiny cage they've been trapped in all day. But today is not the day they will be able to go out and fly. The chatter of children abruptly stops as the roar of a large dragon silences the forest.
"Oh don't mind him! He's just being whiny!" Ms. Scales walked to the front of the crowd.
"Next week we are going to learn to dominate our dragons. If your dragon is the dominant one then it won't listen to you. You have to make sure that YOU are the one in charge. Then at the end of that class you will have free time with you dragons. Class dismissed!!"
Ms. Scales walked back to her bag of stuff and started to pack up. I met up with Ava and we headed over to the tree stump Vix was resting on.
"Hey Vix!" I smile and wave at her.
"Hey." She doesn't look up from her phone.
Me and Ava sit down next to her.
"What's wrong Vix? Aren't you happy with the dragon you got? It's the most special one of the group. Aren't you proud?" I ask. She sighs
"Yes I'm happy I got a good dragon. But I never wanted a dragon " she looked away from her phone.
"Why? They're amazing creatures. Who wouldn't want one?" Ava asks in a confused tone.
"Dragons aren't my type." She doesn't look at us.
"What do you mean not your type?" I ask.
"I just mean that I don't like them!" She sounds annoyed, but we stay persistent.
"Vix! Just tell us why you don't like dragons." I say in a firm time.
"A dragon killed my mom!!" She shouts.