Chapter 3

Me and Ava wondered quietly around the halls "Where even is this class?" Ava asks me. "Uhhh... Why don't we ask that person!" I say pointing to a tall young man who looks about fifteen years old. We walk up to him and ask, "Um sir, do you know where dragon training is?" The young man grabs my hand. "Yes! I do know where that class is!" He says excitedly then starts pulling me and Ava down the hall. "Okay then..." Ava mutters confused.

The young man is still holding my hand when he walks us outside. We come to a quick stop, then the man turns around, "The class is in the forest right there," He points to a forest about 100 feet away. "Go about 50 meters in then turn right and keep walking. You'll see the class soon." He smiles then walks away. "Well, let's go!" Me and Ava start walking down the hill then enter the forest. the trees are huge and the leaves cover the sun to make dapples of sunlight. We walk quietly, I can here the crunch of dead leaves under my feat. We walk for awhile then turn right. I see a small gathering of people in the distance. "That must be the class." I point to the crowd. We hear a beckoning Roar in the distance. I feel a shiver come down my back. That must have been a dragon. We slow down unsure if we want to keep going. We hear running behind us. Its getting louder and louder. I slowly turn around to see Vix running up behind us. "Hey guys....." She slows down trying to catch her breath. " You guys have dragon training at this hour too?" She asks panting, "Yeah!" I say. "What are we waiting for?" Ava asks then starts running over to the crowd. I quickly follow her. "Ugh! More running?!" Vix complains then slowly jogs to catch up.

We reach the class and introduce ourselves to the teacher. "Good all of you are on the list," She pauses, "And I see that one of you has detention this hour." She looks down at Vix. Vix's face turns bright red. "Heh.... Yep." She looks down. "You will be sitting out this class." The teacher points to a stump near the place we entered. Vix walks over and sits down, she pulls out her phone and starts texting. She doesn't seem to care. "As for you two, my name is Ms. Scales. I am the dragon training teacher." She pulls out a list seeming to search for our names. Ok you two will stand over there. She points to a spot right in front. "Okay. Thank you ma'am." Ava says politely then we walk to our spots and set our bags on the ground. The area buzzes with conversations between other students. We wait about 5 more minutes for any late-comers, then we start class. "Okay everyone hush up!" Ms. Scales announces to the class as she hustles up on to a stump in front of everyone. "Today we will be choosing our dragons." Everyone whispers in excitement. Our own dragons! "There dragons in the barn behind me! We will go inside and I will give you some protective gear. Then I will explain the rest once we get to that point." She turns around still yelling. "Now everyone in a line!" all the students hustle for a spot Vix at the back, then we enter the barn.