Chapter 5

I stand in silence and awe. I turn around and the class looks surprised that I'm still alive. Ms. Scales pushes through the crowd. When she reaches me she shakes my hand. "Well done Luna." She smiles from ear to ear. "I have never, in my years of working, seen a women your age tame a dragon that well." She shakes my hand again. "That was a perfect example to show the class. Everyone did you see that. Remember stay calm and silent! Always stand still!" I try to say something, "Umm... Ma'am?" She looks at me "Yes?" I look at her, "Please don't mind me asking but, what type of dragon did I just tame?" I ask. "That was an earth dragon. They are very calm and peaceful creatures. They are very loyal to their masters and they can control plants very easily with their minds. This dragons name is Ivy." I look back at my dragon. "Ivy.... What a beautiful name." I walk back into the crowd and meet Ava. "That was amazing Luna!" She quietly exclaims. "Thanks.." I've always loved mythical animals. I study them all the time and know almost everything there is to know about them. The teacher looks at the class, "Who would like to go next?" She examines the class. "Nobody? Okay then I'll just read from the list!" She pulls out a list of the students. "Okay the next person is....... Ava!"

Ava's eyes widen "M-M-Me?" She asks nervously. "Yes you now get up here." Ms. Scales says gesturing her to come up in front of the group. Ava hesitantly walks in front of the group. "Okay put your hand out, yep like that. Now stand absolutely still. Perfect. Okay now you must wait." our teacher steps back slowly then waits. Ava is shaking like crazy. "Ava stop shaking....." Ms. Scales whispers. Ava swallows then tries to calm down. The dragons stare at her, a few looking like they want to eat her. One blue dragon with shiny scales twitches and stalks toward her cautiously. Its a slim dragon with gills on the sides of its face. Its got smaller wings than the others. It has bright blue eyes and wavy spikes down its back. It has smaller horns and a long thin tail. The dragon also has webbed feet. It walks until its about a foot away from her then it lowers its head as if to bow. Then it steps back with the other dragons. "Good job Ava." Ms. Scales says quietly then puts her hand on Ava's shoulder. Ava looks up to her and asks, "Which dragon was that?" That was Aqua, the water dragon. Your very lucky to have her." She smiles then turns to class. "Okay who's next!?"

All kids go one at a time, each of them taming their own dragon. "Okay um, is there anyone left?" Ms. Scales asks, looking through the crowd. Vix raises her hand. "Oh! Yes Vix come on up here." Vix walks up and puts her hand out in front of her. "Okay yes, good." Ms. Scales slowly steps back. Vix wait's, obviously not wanting to tame a dragon. Vix waits in silence when a small dragon with color changing scales and huge wings walks up and looks her in the eyes, then huffs out a puff of smoke. It watches her not wanting to leave her side. The it backs away to a corner and lays down. Vix puts her hand down. Ms. Scales walks up to her,"Vix! You got the shapeshifting dragon!"