Making Amends

I blew it, any chance of getting to know Gajeel, I was talking about him to Lucy, about how I had a crush on him, but I guess all the whispering looked as though I was gossiping about him.

I let out a loud sigh in Mira's health and nutrition class. "Levy is everything alright?" she called out from behind her desk. "Yeah, sorry just got a bit caught up in something." I replied. "Alright, if you say so."
I returned to working on labeling the parts of the human body, this was grade school stuff. "Hey Levy is everything alright?" Gray, who was also in this class and sitting next to me, asked. I nodded, "It's really nothing, don't worry about it." I smiled, he nodded, "Just know if you're troubled over something I'm here."
"Alright." I nodded.

Class ended and everyone was packing up and leaving. Mira called me over to her desk and shut the door when everyone was out. "Don't worry about being late, I've already emailed Mr. Clive that you'll be a bit late to your physical education class, besides, I'm pretty sure you're not up for doing anything physical right now, especially if you're troubled on this easy worksheet. This isn't like you, is something up?" she asked, I nodded, and then shook my head followed with a shrug of my shoulders. "I don't know what's wrong, I mean it could be because of what happened earlier in home class..." I spoke out loud, "And that is...?"
"Alright, please please please do not tell anyone about this. But I think I might have a crush on this boy, and the worst part was that this morning, I was telling Lucy about it and us whispering would've looked a bit suspicious, so he assumed that we were talking badly about him, he got a bit pissed, it didn't show physically, but with the way he looked at us, the tone he spoke in and the words he said was clear enough that he was a bit angry about it. I tried telling him that what we were doing wasn't bitching about him but he just wouldn't listen."

"Woah." Mira gasped, "That's a lot to take in but, that would explain why you were distracted earlier in class. Well, some solutions for that would be to approach him and apologise, make it clear that it was a misunderstanding and hopefully he'll forgive you!" She smiled, "Hopefully!?"
"Hey, just try it, you won't know what will happen if you don't do it." she replied, I nodded, "I'll try it later." I replied while walking out, "See ya!" Mira waved.

I arrived at P.E, we were playing one of my favourites. Longball. Its a game where there are two teams, one batting and one fielding. The batting team has to hit the ball, and not get bowled out, its basically like cricket with a bigger ball in batting wise. You then run to two options, the safe mat, which is a mat halfway between the two small soccer goals, primary school ones, the safe mat gives you protection against the ball but you cannot stay on there after the next ball has been hit. The goals are where you're aiming for first. They are your halfway mark where you have to go to before running to the large mat on the other side of the hall, where you batted from. It sounds complicated but its super easy to understand. You can get out if you get caught out on the full, if your stumps are hit or if your get hit by the ball. And yes, the fielding team throws the ball at you.

"Levy, you're on team B." Mr. Clive told me, I nodded. I went to sit down at the end of the batting order and just my luck! Gajeel Redfox is right next to me.
He looked at me for a split second and then looked back to the game.
I took a deep breath, I couldn't let this last any longer.
"Listen Gajeel, I'm terribly sorry about this morning. I wasn't talking about the way you looked and I was definately not judging you." he turned to look at me, "So then what were you talking about?" he spoke, "Well, you see. I- um..."
"Okay I get it if you don't like me, but you don't need to bother me about it okay shrimp."
"That isn't it at all!" I spoke loudly and firmly and I am 99% sure that Gajeel was surprised of that.
"Okay, if you really want to know, I was talking about how you helped me on the train."
"How did you know it was me?"
"I saw you later at Jellal's- Creme Sorcier. I recognised your voice. I wanted to thank you again, but I didn't know you went to this school." I blurted out.
"I see. Sorry for jumping to jumping to conclusions," He stuck out his hand, "Want to start over?"
I took his hand and shook it, nodding. "My name is Levy, Levy Mcgarden."
"Gajeel, Gajeel Redfox." I looked him in his eyes, they were beautiful, red, those eyes were of someone who wanted to be loved.

"Levy you're up!" Erza called out, "Oh, okay, thanks Erza." I said as I took the bat from her hand.
"Bring it!" Natsu yelled, "We won't go easy on you." Sting, their bowler remarked.
He then bowled the ball, it was really fast, but my calculations were faster, I hit the ball precisely with the certain part of the bat on a certain angle and the ball went flying into his face, I stuck my tongue, "Neither will I." I called out as I ran to the goals. You could tell Sting was both embarrassed and annoyed.
"Nice one Levy!" Gray called out,
"You go girl!" Cana, another one of my good friends called out.
"Pay attention nextime you idiot." Rogue said passing him the ball.
"Gajeel you're up!"
"Bring it!"
Sting bowled another fast ball, but Gajeel managed to hit the ball into Sting's face again. I giggled.
Gajeel stopped next to me.
"Next ball lets run."
"Alright." I nodded.
Erza was up, it was impossible to catch her scarily accurate and extremely powerful hits. "I'm getting sick of this, here, Minerva take the ball." Sting said handing the ball to another one of our classmates.
"Here I go!" Minerva bowled it, and miraculously, Sting got hit in the head for a third time, this time he just laid on the ground as Gajeel, Erza and I sprinted for the mat.
"One home! Two home! And thats three home! And thats all we have time for! Team B wins! Thirty seven to forty points!" my team cheered.
I looked at Gajeel and he smiled at me, "Now that is what I call a good shot, shrimp."
"I told you my name didn't I? And thanks, yours was pretty good as well but obviously not as good as mine." I smirked.
"Hey! C'mon now! Let's be real here, I obviously had the better hit!"
"Suuuree you did Gajeel, you keep thinking that." I giggled, "Hey come back here! And hey! What's that supposed to mean!?"

I did it! I made amends with Gajeel, and I even managed to befriend him!
I wished it could last like this forever.

--------------------------------------------------
I can't thank you guys enough for reading this new story
This book, has a great great grest plot!
So continue reading please!
Anyways if you guys are a bit confused about Longball, theres a diagram in the picture above.
Anyways, sorry for the late update, I actually published this on Wednesday but wattpad glitched, sorry!!