Chapter 3

Levy's 'belongings' at the top.

Chapter 3

They led me up the stairs and into a long hallway. Knowing that I have my team watching and listening I don't feel obligated to hurt anyone at the moment.

"Right this way miss" one of the men said

They led me through a door and I go in by myself, the men waiting outside the door.

I look around and no one was in here.

"You guys getting this?" I ask the agents looking through the camera of my necklace.

"Yeah" Agent Wes says

I began looking around to find any evidence when a door opens up and it wasn't the main entrance door to the room.

Beginning to sit down was the man I saw just downstairs with the glass of champagne in his hands. He wasn't too bad looking for an assassin.

"So you must be Marsha Grey?" He asked me while looking me up and down

I'm pretty sure he only asked that to stay in character, so I'll stay in character.

"Yes..." I say as I make my way over to the chair opposite his desk, letting my scanner in my contacts do the work for me. "Look I was just looking for the restroom..."

"Oh, well let's cut to the chase now, I know who you are and who you're working with so would you mind telling me why you're at my party. I don't remember inviting you." He says with a fake smile

"If you know who I am then I think you know what I'm here for...is that correct?." I say with a smile

"Well, I'll just do this the hard way then" He gets up and makes his way over to the back of my seat. I could sense the blade about to make contact with my neck. Let's just say I have a little something up my sleeve.

"Look we can do this the easy way or the hard way?" He asked me with the blade pointed to my neck.

"Levy!" I hear Agent Wes yell through my ear piece

"Be quiet" I say to him forgetting that I wasn't alone in the room.

He presses the blade further into my neck and I can tell its going to leave a mark.

"Do it Levy, you've got to get out of there!"

Gosh!

Before he could make the blade go any further I ram my head into his abdomen and that by's me enough time to make him loosen his grip on the blade. I jump up and grab the blade as quickly as I could and throw the blade into a bodyguards head who was standing right behind him. I take my gun out and point it to his head.

"Look, since we both know who I am then let's stop pretending that I can't easily take you guys out."

I shot at the ceiling and run out of the room making my way to the exit.

"Don't just stand there, kill her!" The man says to whoever. At this point I was already down the stairs and into the crowd of people. They were staring and probably wondering what was going on. I make it to the exit and I heard a gun shot right behind me. I turn around and it was the owner of the mansion.

"Really?" I say before I shoot him in the head and everyone from inside gasps.

"Come on Levy!" Agent Owen said.

We make our way into the car and I could finally take a breather.

"Did you really have to shoot him?" he asked me

"Did you really just ask that?" I say to him

We smile and we make our way back to the agency.

I really just wanted to go home and take a shower.

****

When we got to the agency we all headed to the screening room to begin the breakdown of the mission, and to talk about what happened with the assassin. We sat down at the big circle table in our usual seats and Agent Wes was passing out files to us.

"This is a blueprint of the house and a breakdown of the mission we were supposed to follow." He says looking at me

"Hey, it's not like we didn't get any info" I said opening the file

"We didn't!" Agent Wes says to me looking upset

"If it wasn't for some people I would have gotten something out of him!" I say to Agent Owen

"Levy, all you had to do..."

"I knew what I had to do but you guys kept yelling in my ear, what else was I supposed to do ignore it?"

"Yes!" He says

"Well too bad, you messed up the mission." I get up from my seat and head towards the door, ready to go home

"Hey where are you going?" Agent Owen says

"Home!. And if tomorrow we hear that the POTUS is dead, then I know who to blame" I say and exit the room.

Goodness, sometimes I wonder why I still work for these guys?

Because you care for them.

Oh shut up!

-Lai1114