Chapter 3

Another one of my edits^
It'll be used for this chapter
Hope you enjoy, minna!
\^.^/

Chapter 3

While Hinata refused, Kageyama's mom took him home. She said that he was welcome to come back any time he felt that he should though.

He trudged up to his bedroom, passing a happy and brightly grinning Natsu. Her eyes and smile both shined as she held up one of her favorite dolls in both hands, reaching it out for Hinata to take hold of.

"Nii-San!" She shouted. "Come play with me." She gave a slight pouting look, waiting for his response.

Hinata pushed passed her, opening his bedroom door and closing it tightly as she dropped her doll to ground in disappointment.

"Nii-San... I want to play with you. Please?" She whimpered through the thick, dirty white door.

Hinata let out more sobs, each one being louder than the last. He could contain the sounds of his crying when he was in the hospital, he would let out all the tears that he had at the time, but he would still keep the noise held back in the deep pit of his throat, the need to cry out loud tugging in the back of his head.

Even the thick bedroom door couldn't shield the sounds of his cries. He was dehydrated, and his eyes were dried. No tears came from him, only the sounds of the broken orangette's cries had escaped.

"N-Nii-san?" Natsu whispered as she slowly opened the heavy door, revealing her crying brother on the other side, as he leaned up against the frame at the foot of his bed.

"Go away, Natsu. We can play another time." He sniffled through his sobs.

"What's wrong?" She sadly asked him.

"I don't want to talk about it, Natsu. Please get out."

"B-but-" She stuttered as she slowly backed up into Hinata's bookshelf, rubbing her head slightly as a small box had fallen on top of her. Multiple pictures fell out and spilled over the carpet that surrounded the room.

"I said get out!" He snapped at her. His voice was much harsher than he had meant for it to be. He didn't mean to be so rude, he just wanted to be left alone. He had instantly regretted yelling at her, she didn't understand, and she hadn't done anything wrong.

Her eyes started to tear up, and she slowly backed away from Hinata.

"Natsu, I'm sor-" He started, but was quickly cut off by the sound of the door slamming behind his sister as she quickly left the room, leaving her doll behind.

Hinata dropped his head in shame.

'What's happening to me?' He thought to himself.

He thought about all the things he's done. Snapping at Natsu, sobbing until there were no more tears, crying until his throat burned to the point of exhaustion.

He took his arching body and sat up, closing his eyes tightly. Taking both of his hands he quickly smacked both sides of his face, just as him and some of his teammates would do when they couldn't focus or would get overworked up during a game.

He opened his eyes once more, the box that his sister had knocked over catching his eye.
'What are those from?' He questioned.

He slowly got up from his position, walking over to the front of his bookshelf, as he bent over to pick it up. He grabbed the lid to the decorated green box, he didn't even remember what this is, let alone what it was doing in his room.

The top of the lid read, "Thank you, Hinata."

'What is this?'

He flipped the dusty lid over, a small note had been put on the inside of it.

Thank you, Hinata.
You may be an annoying, idiotic, overly ecstatic, pain in the ass, beaming ray of sunshine... But because of you I know that there will always be somebody by my side, and someone who will always be there to not only hit my tosses, but also be there for me. It looks like "The Great King" has finally stepped down from his position... But I'm more then happy to have you, and everyone else on the team rule by my side. It's much better to have it this way, and even though I'm not used to it, I'm actually very happy when Tanaka makes a weird face and forces me to high-five him (Just don't tell him that).

He put the lid back down the ground, looking at what had fallen out. Surrounding a small portion of his bedroom floor were pictures, almost all of them containing him and Kageyama, and everyone of them sat on the floor with something written on the back that related to when it happened.

(Media picture above)

There was a selfie of the two of them, he gave a slightly sad, half smile when he looked at the two of them squishing their faces with both hands. One with them from a game, even Kageyama was smiling from behind him in the picture. One with Hinata holding up a peace sign with his left hand while he used his right one to take the picture, the black haired volleyball player accidentally photobombing in the background. Apparently someone on the team had taken a picture of Kageyama when they had both managed to successfully do their quick attack during a match, his face was so silly....
And another one was just of Hinata, he almost looked cartoonish in it with his tinted cheeks and his glossy eyes. It was from when he had stolen Tsukki's glasses. Kageyama said that he had to get a picture before Tsukki could get them back and beat up Hinata (which he did).

There was even one that Suga had taken, Hinata let a single laugh escape from his lips as the memory of it came to his mind. Hinata had ran up behind the tall setter and jumped, pointing out his fingers above Kag's head, he was so shocked that he had thrown up his hands, making an unintended funny expression when Suga had pressed the button, capturing the moment.

Hinata couldn't help but talk to himself about all of the pictures that he had found in the box, "That's right, Kageyama wasn't fond of pictures, and he didn't like the idea of taking a selfie at the time." He lightly laughed. "He had always said that there was no need for them because he-" He cut himself off, pausing for a moment to think about the words he used, as if he felt like they were wrong, but he knew that they weren't. "Because he would always be there... So there was no need to have anything to remember him by, because there was no need for it."

He dropped the pictures back onto the floor, passing the mirror hanging next to his door. Looking at it he noticed that his face wasn't as puffy as earlier, but he now had bright red slap marks from when he had hit his face moments ago.

He stared at his reflection, for a few moments, taking in the sight of what everyone else could see of him.

Hinata bent back down and picked the photos up, carefully placing them back in the box with extra care as he walked over to his bed and laid it neatly on his night stand. He grabbed his duffle bag from the floor and opened it up so that he could throw his clothes into his hamper before laying down to go to bed.

'Huh?'

He pulled out the jersey from the black bag, reading the number as if he was hallucinating.
Looking at it closer he still couldn't believe his eyes, and they began to tear up at the sight of it.
Number 9.

'I grabbed Kageyama's bag after practice... Not mine.'

He dropped the bag onto the floor, turning off his light as he made his way over to his bed, sneaking another look at a clock.

4:16

He tucked his legs underneath the blanket that rested on his bed, the moonlight passing through a tear in his curtains, and shimmering on the jersey that he held tightly in his hands, wrapping it through his fingers as he dozed off to sleep.