Chapter 2

My edit^
But it's from a video on Instagram that I love by trashkawa.hoeru

Chapter 2

A group of people headed for the truck doors. Hinata was taken aback as they were pulled open, widely swinging outwards as he looked clearly at the dark night sky behind the slim figures that were now pulling Kageyama out from his sight.

He rushed out of the truck, slipping at end as he fell from the edge, and to the cold, hard ground as he watched them pull the cart carrying the setter into the brightly lit up, white building.

He rushed back to his feet, using all of his energy to run and keep up with the huddle of people.

They charged through the double doors, quickly making their way down the hall and turning the corner into the ICU. A doctor now on both sides of him, nurses quickly replaced the people that had originally been running in.

Hinata kept up with them as fast as possible, he never dared to slip even two inches from the carts grasp.

A nurse removed her hand from the bed and turned to face the very scared boy, looking at him with a soft yet hard expression at the same time.

"I'm very sorry, sir. You can not go in with us." She carefully informed him.

"Wha-"

"This is a very serious matter." She interrupted. "You have to stay outside and trust the doctors to do their jobs."

"N-No!" He shouted back in protest. "I'm not leaving him! I'm staying at his side no matter what!"

"I'm very sorry." She repeated. "But you have to stay outside. You can sit in the waiting room and I can inform you of his condition when he's stable, or-" she quickly cut herself off as she looked back down at Hinata. Though he remained silent, painful tears began to stream down his face, staining his puffy and red looking baby face.

"I will inform you of his current state when they are done stabilizing him." She quickly turned back on her heels, rushing down through the doors to follow the rest of the group.

Hinata knew what she stopped herself from saying, but he couldn't bring himself to think of what those words truly meant, he refused to let them click in his mind, even though he already knew that they had. He pushed the thought from his mind, slowly slipping back, and heading into the waiting room, more tears flowing from his bloodshot eyes.

He dropped into one of the uncomfortable chairs in the middle of the large and empty room, glancing at the plain clock loudly ticking against the corner of the wall.

11:42

He tightly shut his eyes, tucking his legs closely to the center of his chest as the unmentionable and still unspoken words rang through his mind.

"I can inform you of his condition when he's stable, or-"

Or if he doesn't manage to make it.

Or if he dies.

Or if- if...

Hinata let out a loud sob as the clocks irritating ticking noise rang loudly in his ears.
Tic. Tic. Tic.
The second hand continued to turn, moving up, down, over and over again. It stuck in his ears, the sound annoying and agitating as each second passed, the next one slower and louder then the last.

"Turn that o-"

"Hinata." A familiar and soft voice cut off his loud shouting at the woman sitting at the desk, now resting their hand on his tensed and lowly slumping shoulders.