Chapter 1

>~<
Hey minna!
I really hope that you enjoy this short story-
Please make sure to vote and comment, it means a lot.
Enjoy!
P.s. ^ my edit above
^.^

Chapter 1
3rd person POV

It was the end of practice and both Kageyama and Hinata were worn out. This had to of been one of their longest practices yet.

Their faces and clothing were drenched in sweat, hair and clothes sticking loosely to their skin, and shoes squeaking against the finished wooden floors of the gym as they walked over to get water, panting.

They both took large swigs of water as their bottles instantly reached the rim of their lips. The cool liquid quickly running down their throats.

Kageyama stole a quick glance as Hinata poured the remaining water he had over his head, the water slowly running down the rest of his body.

A slight tint of pink moved along Kageyama's cheeks as he looked closer at the short boy with droopy wet hair. 'How could someone so little have such large muscles?' He questioned in his mind.

A quiet voice pulled him back from his thoughts, "Oi, Kageyama, are you okay?" Hinata questioned.

"Of course I'm okay, dumb ass. Why would you ask?"

"No reason, your face just looks a little red."

He thought about it for a moment, making sure to quickly respond. "Well yeah, we just finished one of our toughest practices of the year." He scoffed.

"Yeah, I suppose." He shrugged.

"Hey, are you hungry?" The orange haired boy asked with a slight shine in his eyes.

"Yes."

"Do you want to go grab some dinner?" He asked him.

"Sure."

Shouyou lept into the air, his feet skimming the center of his palms just before gravity pulled him back down to the ground. He ran and grabbed his duffle bag, all packed and ready to go.

Kageyama gave him a look, his eyebrow raised as his stomach gave off a very loud and rumbling noise.

"Hehe. Like I said, let's go eat." He said eagerly as he rubbed the back of his neck with his free hand.

=====================

The boys walked down the dark and empty street. Hinata pulling his bike along side him as he walked close to Kageyama on the side of the road.

It was mainly dark outside, except for the moon and occasional street light that would shine brightly above their heads, only to have the darkness appear above them once more.

"Your recieves are getting better." Kageyama remarked, taking a bite from his dumpling just after.

'Did Kageyama just give me a compliment? And on my recieves?' He thought, astonished.

He looked up at the taller boy who was still chewing his food. He swallowed the food that was in his mouth as well, beginning to talk. "Really?"

"Uh hmm." He nodded.

"See, I told you that I would get better! I still have the chance to become Karasuno's Ace!" He shouted, raising his hands and almost dropping both his bike and his dumpling.

"I thought we went over this, dumbass. You're the perfect Decoy. D-e-c-o-y." He sounded it out for him.

Hinata lowered his head in disappointment, a small pout curling downwards on the ends of his lips.