-25-

THREE A.M
★♥◆♣
.....
unedited
.....
~recap~

I sat down, hugging myself. Anna Stallone wasn't Esther. I was afraid to even think about the possibility of who or how she was killed...

Esther had remained silent for months, and then suddenly I get to know my best friend was dead, most probably murdered...Could it be her? Esther was the first thought that came to my mind when I actually debated on who could have done such a beastly act. But I had not got any call from her, and would not have even got to know about it if I hadn't opened my mail after ages and met up with Nic...

Could she have let it remain so random...so risky?

I stared out at the night sky that twinkled with starts...and that's when I saw Anna Stallone, the brightest one lighting up the dark skies with millions of others...
~end of recap~
.....

Black. All black.
"Hello? Anyone there?" I whispered softly.
Silence. That was all that could be heard.

Repeating myself, I enquired the same words again, a little louder this time, hoping someone was there. Someone! Anyone!

"Shhh... You'll wake them up..."
"Who's there?!"
A faint laugh answered me. Though faint, it echoed around me, sending shivers down my spine.
I breathed heavily, looking around frantically.

"You'll pay, darling. You'll pay..."
"Who is it? Show yourself!" I yelled.

A gush of wind came from nowhere, and the walls around me in the dark room seemed to cave in.
I pushed. Pushed with all my strength, trying in vain to push the heavy walls away.

Within a minute everything stopped as I shrieked, my body shaking due to exhaustion, every inch of my sweat coated skin burning and paining as if someone had set fire to it.

The sound of footsteps echoed. My eyes shot to the direction of the source of sound. A faint silhouette could be made out. It was difficult to see in the pitch black surrounding.
I squinted my eyes, craning my neck trying to make out my who it was.

"-Who?" was all I could manage to say. Suddenly I felt a scorching pain down my back. I yelled, shaking, unable to bear the pain.

"Hello, Nina." Looking up, my breath stopped. It was her. How?!

"Anna? How? What?" I could barely move or speak as I choked on my own words, the shock adding to my disability.

She smiled. But the smile didn't reflect through her eyes. And what she said, left me terrified, shocked. It produced so many emotions in me, I couldn't recognize them.

Three words.
That's all.

"You will pay." She whispered, as she transformed herself into my worst fear.

Esther Granian Nightshade.

My vision blurred as she laughed as I faded into oblivion...

.....

I woke with a jolt, shaking and panting. Sweat beaded my forehead and drenched my shirt.

I was in my apartment. It was a dream. Just a dream.

Pressing my eyes shut, I put my face in my hands, knitting my shaky fingers in my hair.

What did it even mean? Did it even have a meaning? Was it just a nightmare or was Esther trying to make a statement?

Rubbing my forehead, I gulped down a glass of water.

The leaves shook as the wind blew though the tall trees.

My phone vibrated against the dark wood table, as I turned to it.

Nic.

Sliding the green button, I put the phone to my ear.

"Nina. I'm coming to pick you up, okay. Ill be there in twenty minutes."

Anna. It was her funeral today. I remained silent, my mind drifting off to the weird dream I had.

"Nina? Are you alright?" Nic spoke, his voice laced with worry.

"Uh yeah. Yeah."

"Sure?"

I nodded, as if he could see me from where he was.

"Fine." he said. A small smile settled on my lips. He really could read me.

*****