-7-

~THREE A.M.~
★♥◆♣
....
NINA'S P.O.V

~recap~ ...

"H-hello?" I spoke.
"Nina Granger. How is worse is your sad, terrible life now?" came Esther's low and terribly scary voice.
I began crying out loud.
"What do you want?" I shouted.
"I want to help you. "
I frowned. " What?" I asked.
"Your life is packed. Packed with betrayal, sadness, madness, tears, confusion. First you lost your mom, then dad. Now what? What if you lose another person close too you? You will break. Oh but sorry. Wrong sentence. You are broken."she paused. I was speechless. My eyes were wide with fear. How did she know about mom? What did she mean by trying to 'help me'?
She continued," Don't you want your life to change? Don't you want to be happy? I'll help you with that. How did your mom die? Is your mom really dead. You say you haven't seen her after that night in the alley. What if she's still there? What Nina? Don't you want to change? People take advantage of you. Don't you want your life to change? " the line cut.
"I want my life to change. I want to change..." I said as tears poured down from my eyes. My knees gave away. I slid down on the cold marble floor and cried. I didn't leave the intercom even though the call had been cut. I knew Esther wasn't listening, but I kept murmuring, "I want my life to change..."
...~end of recap~

I passed the whole night tossing and from side to side. Esther. Change. Mom. Dad.
It all went on and on in my mind. I was really messed up. I didn't even know what I was feeling. Sad, scared, terrified, confused, even guilty when I thought of mom and bad when I thought how lonely I was. I couldn't even share my problems with anyone. I could, if they had been normal. But I'm sure no other person had ever got phone calls at three a.m.
How could I return to being normal? Now that I think about it, I hadn't ever been normal my whole life! I lost mom when I was barely five. Maybe that was partly my fault. I shouldn't have left her. How could I? I was such a bad person. To save my life, I ran and left mom. How? How could I? I had actually intended to get away from the drunk men and then go get help, but how could that have been possible? I was so stupid. Til the time I would have got help, they would have done what they wanted to her. Plus, even when the man did stop following me, the car had to come. Why? But if it wouldn't have, maybe I would never have got home. But at least I would have lost the essence of life with mom. I could have been with her. At least, I could have met her in heaven. But no, I had left her. I let silent tears flow.
Life was so unfair! I felt something wet against my cheek. I looked at my pillow to see I had formed a wet patch on the spotless white cover by my tears. My cheeks were kind of damp too, as I had been crying, but most of the tears had dried up. I sighed.
Then I remembered, Anna had still not returned. Where was she? I was starting to get worried. Yeah she was my friend who i had not seen from two days and I had started worrying now, but I had been so engrossed in my own life that I didn't think about her. I would have called her, but I lost her number when my phone had gone for repairing. Sighing, I checked the time on my phone. 05:57.
I got out of bed and stepped onto the ice cold marble floor. I walked to my closet and took out a full sleeved grey tee shirt and my light blue ripped denims to go with it. I grabbed my towel and headed for the showers.
As I entered, I saw they were empty- the advantages of getting up early. I shrugged and got into a cubicle. As the relaxing water fell on my back, I wondered about the phone calls. How could Esther know such about me? The things she had said to me, really left me thinking. Was my dad really dead for a car accident? Or was it a murder? Now that his whole company belongs to Smith, he has grown filthy rich and powerful. Could he have murdered dad to gain those?
I turned the shower off and stepped out of the steamy cubicle. I stepped into my denims and pulled my tee over my head. Then, I headed out. I grabbed my bag from my room and walked to the cafeteria.
As usual, I occupied my table after taking a grilled cheese sandwich and a cappuccino. I opened my book to page 96 and continued reading from where I'd left.
After some time, I closed my book and put it in my bag.
I looked around and spotted Nic. His back faced me. He was ordering something. As he turned, his gaze fell on me. I looked away. I didn't know whether I wanted him to come sit at my table. But he always made me smile. He was there for me. In fact, he had saved my life. That sounds too dramatic, but in reality, I couldn't ignore the fact that I had tried to kill myself. It was Nic who had caught me and prevented me from jumping from the terrace.
I looked up again to see him talking to another girl. Her back faced me so I didn't really know who she was. Nic was laughing along with her. His eyes shone as crinkles formed near his swirls. Again, his gaze fell on me. He said something to the girl and she nodded before walking away. His eyes locked with mine as he came and sat in front of me at my table.
"Hi."said he.
"Hey."
"I haven't seen you in a long time. "
"Um yeah. I've been busy." I replied.
He just nodded in reply. Before I could say anything, he said, "Are you okay?"
"W-why wouldn't I be?" Was it so obvious that something was wrong? My facial expressions could never hide my feelings.
"No. It's just that... forget it."
After a while, I said,"Do you know anything about Anna? She hasn't returned since she had left the hostel two days ago."
"I heard there's something wrong with her family. You could always go to the office and enquire. "
I nodded.
"Don't you have her number? "
"No. It never occurred to me. Nor to her. "
"You do have an intercom in your room, right?"
My head shot up. Did he know something? "Um yeah. There is an intercom there in my room."
"Right. It's just that they gave us such a luxury, that doesn't happen in colleges too often, you know. "
Thank God. "Yeah." I replied.
"Um I gave class, so see you later." He said and without waiting for a reply, he left the cafeteria. I frowned. He sounded distant. I felt a wierd feeling. Who was that girl? She was so tall, yet looked so short in front of Nic.

And why did Nic have to ask about the intercom? I was reminded of Esther again. I didn't even know what I was feeling. Scared. Confused. Terrified. Mad. Maybe happy, because she said she'll change my life for good. But how can I trust her so easily? Should I talk to someone? Nic, maybe? No.

Nic. I didn't know what I felt for him. He would always be there. I don't know why, but that's what I though about him. The way he laughed when he was talking to the girl... Did I ever make him laugh that way? No. He was good looking too. Very good looking. Tall, muscular, dark haired and he had a pair of eyes that could melt anyone before him. Wait. Why was I even thinking about this. I had enough to worry about at the moment. I decided to go, enquire about Anna. Grabbing my bag, I left the cafeteria and walked to the office.
....

Currently, I was lying down in my bed. I had enquired about Anna and had also attended all my classes after a long time.
Someone in Anna's family was seriously ill, so she had to go to her town. She had taken a leave for a week.
I checked the time on my phone. 8:02.
I was really tired so I decided to sleep. Changing into my pyjamas, I lied down in my bed, waiting for sleep to wash over me.
....
ESTHER'S P.O.V

Nina. She was so stupid. Did she really think I'll help her? I will, for a while, and then, I'll ruin her life.
It's fun to mislead her. Mislead her about her dad, about Anna.
How will you save yourself Nina dear? How?....

****
Hahaha. How was the chapter, guys?
What about Esther's point of view? ?
Thank you for the 685+ views. Getting votes and comments would be great guys.
So vote and comment please:):)
And you can recommend this story to your friends if you like it.
We'll update soon:)

-t&n :) :)