-18-

~THREE A.M.~
★♥◆♣
....
*unedited*
....

~recap~
"I love you, Nina." saying that, he went. I stood there, unable to move. I hated Esther. I didn't even know what she had said to Nic. It was a really touchy thing for him. He had to take therapy for a year to get over it.

Who knew how many unhealed wounds Esther had opened again?

I didn't know whether I had Nic by my side now. What else would Esther do?

All I knew was she had started ruining me, and she would stop at nothing...
~end of recap~
....

NINA'S P.O.V

I was currently sitting at my desk, trying to concentrate and get some of this very irritating chemistry into my head. But all I could think about was Nic and what Esther had done. The whole thing just kept repeating itself in my mind.

That day, after class I had returned to my room, thinking of the incident that had occurred in the cafeteria.

He let out a laugh."What did you do? I thought you loved me." he said, angrily. I could see the anger in his eyes. He was shaking with anger and it actually surprised how he was controlling himself. Then it struck me! "No? Are you sure? Well. Then I guess it wouldn't hurt you if I did something to him?"
Esther.

"What did I do?" I asked, worried. Esther must have done something.

He looked at me, and I felt a surge of pain when I saw a hint of hatred in his eyes. "I am exactly like my dad. That's what you said. See? I am angry. I have anger issues. You were absolutely right."

I covered my mouth. I knew it was a touchy topic for him.
The thing was, he had anger issues. That was how he was similar to his dad.

"I-I t-told you t-that?"

He looked at me as if he couldn't believe he said ears. "Yes Nina. That's what you told me when you called me yesterday at three thirty in the morning!"

There was just one answer for this. Esther.

"Nic. Believe me. Please. I did not call you. It was Esther. I know you will believe me, Nic."

I saw sadness in his eyes. I realised he was fighting himself to prevent a tear to escape his irises. "I want to believe you. But how? I heard your voice on the phone. I know you never would... But how can I believe you? No one else knows about dad. I just told you. How could anyone else call me and tell me this? I want to believe you, Nina." The way he said it made me want to hug him. It was as if he was a child, who was hurt and I wanted to heal him.
I was almost on the verge of tears.

"The thing is, that I am like dad. "

"No! You aren't." I said firmly.

"I -I can't do this anymore."

"No Nic. Don't do this!"

"I love you, Nina." saying that, he went. I stood there, unable to move. I hated Esther. I didn't even know what she had said to Nic. It was a really touchy thing for him.

I rubbed my forehead, trying to stop myself from replaying that incident in my head again. But I couldn't.

Some of those things gave me pain. His eyes - the sadness in them. The way he looked heartbroken... What he said...

I closed my book. There was no point. I could just not concentrate. I got up from my desk and was about to walk to my bed, when my room door burst open. My eyes shot to the door.