29

After the game, which Real Madrid won by the way, 4-1, I spent atleast ten minutes celebrating while Tyler was being a total sport and sulking in the corner.

I had had a quick conversation with Alisha on the phone, who told me to confess my feelings to Tyler, but I didn't want to ruin our friendship.

But you don't know if he loves you back

He can't. Shoo away.

But-

I said shoo!

I mean, brain could be right - its so weird to say that- he might love me back, but what were the chances? It was like searching for a needle in a stack of hay. You might find it, get pricked, or never find it.

Which in this case would be, he might love me back, he might hurt me by leaving , or he might just say no and continue as friends.

"I love you" I murmured, shocking myself as well as him

"What did you say" Tyler dropped his sulking act and turned to me as fast as lightening.

" I love you." I said, louder this time.

Silence formed between us, which was broken not long after, when Tyler smirked and said  "I won!"

That's when my jaw dropped, eyes widened, and tears started to form in the corners of my eye which I blinked back furiously.

But before I knew it, my sadness turned into anger and I exploded "I WON!? I WON?! IS THAT ALL YOU'VE GOTTA SAY?" I exclaimed pushing him back by hitting his chest, hard.

"It was always the game, wasn't it? We were never real friends, nothing between us was real. We were just two people playing a stupid game of stupid love. Get out of my room Tyler Martins. Now. "

Suddenly, his expression changed as he realized his mistake. Well too bad, late realisation.

"Shit, Gabi I didn't mean-"

"Tyler, get out " I say calmly suppressing my anger, but doing a pathetic job of it.

"Gab-"

"Get the hell out Tyler "

" Gabriella, I'm sorry I can-"

"I SAID GET THE HELL OUT! LEAVE! OUT! DON'T YOU GET IT?! LEAVE! " I said pushing him out, literally, of my room through the window and shut it, bolted it, spread the curtains,sat on my bed and cried, whilst thinking how stupid I was. Why? Because I still loved him damn it. My feeling were just stupid and didn't work according to my thinking.

TYLER'S POV :

I couldn't believe what an idiot I was. I won?How could I even say that?! I mean she loved me, yes, I did win- Who was I kidding?! The only reason I ever told her to play this game was so she could fall in love with me and we'd be together.

I loved her, I always had.

She'd won the moment we started the game! I broke the rules by not making it obvious or even by admitting to my feelings. I loved her but never realized it, and when I did, we were already enemies.

I loved her when she fell on top of me that day while playing soccer, I loved her when we not got detentions from principal Winston, I loved her when I moved next door and startled her, I loved her when I told her about the game, I loved her when we had to go to one direction after her accident, I loved her and was so afraid of losing her when she got into that accident, It was always her!

She had always been different to all the other girls in my life. At first, in elementary, I didn't like her, but eventually as we got to high school, she was the only girl who wouldn't be scared to go against me and basically the entire female student body (mind the flex), wasn't afraid of losing challenges from me, standing up to me, and I screwed up real bad.

I always thought about all the good stuff I would tell her when she told me she finally loved me, but I said THAT instead! What was wrong with me? And now she thoughtbefriending her was also just part of the game!