The Devil Cries at Christmastime

Start from the beginning

 "I do want to go home, but I can't bear to stand here and watch you tear yourself apart over something you can't control. Let's go home; tomorrow is another day. Please?" Nick pleaded as Gaby stood in the middle of the aisle trying to keep herself from crying.

 "Okay." She said as her voice wavered. Nick took Gaby by the hand and led her to the parking lot.

 "Are you hungry?" Nick asked as they got into the car.

 "No." Gaby simply said. When they arrived home Gaby went straight to their bedroom and changed into her favorite t-shirt she took from Nick, a pair of leggings, and sock and curled up in bed with her cuddle pillow.

 "Gaby you shouldn't let this upset you, you're beautiful, and before you know it, your body will back to its old self."

 "I'm glad you're so optimistic." She huffed as Nick laid across from her and stroked the side of her face.

 "I am, and even if you didn't, I wouldn't mind a little extra here and there." He said pointing at her chest and then her behind.

 "You're such a pervert," Gaby said with a laugh.

 "I got you to laugh didn't I?" Gaby tried to put her frown back on but couldn't resist smiling at Nick.

 "Gabrielle you're a beautiful woman and your even more beautiful to me because you're having my children." Gaby softly kissed his lip.

 "Thank you, Nick," Nick kissed her forehead and stayed with Gaby until she fell asleep.

 *****

 Gaby woke up early Christmas morning filled with excitement. Her and Nick's parents were flying in to spend the holiday with them before going off on a cruise for the New Year. Gaby was busy rummaging underneath the Christmas tree searching for the big box with her name on it she saw when Nick put her gifts under the tree.

 "Get away from that tree," Nick said sternly causing Gaby to jump.

 "I wasn't doing anything," Gaby said as she stood up and tried to look as innocent as possible.

 "I thought we agreed on no presents until we picked up the parents from the airport."

 "I know but I saw that big box and you know I can't resist." Nick looked at Gaby and smiled.

 "Okay, just one."

 "Yay!" Gaby said as she clapped her hands. Gaby took a seat and waited for Nick to retrieve her present from the back of the tree. Finally, Nick placed the box on her lap which to Gaby's surprise was very light. Gaby tore through the paper without any ceremony she ripped open the top of the box and rummaged through the massive amount of tissue paper. Finally, she pulled out a small red velvet box with a gold trim around the middle.

 "Ooo you got me jewelry?"

 "Open it and find out," Nick said as Gaby giggled like a little girl as she opened the box to find the most beautiful Marquise diamond engagement ring with tapered baguette side stones she had ever seen. Gaby gasped as she fingered the ring she didn't even notice when Nick got down on his knee.

 "Gabrielle," Nick called pulling Gaby's attention from the ring and on to him. Gaby watched as his face grew red with nervousness as he took Gaby's hand into his.

 "Gaby I love you, no one knows me better than you. You are my coach, my rock, my pain in the butt, soon to be mother of my children, I can't see my life without you, Gabrielle, will you marry me?" Gaby sat there in a state of shock, barely breathing as she stared at Nick who was starting to get worried.