03.

03. drunk

the curly head frowned when the door opened and lily came stumbling in while giggling uncontrollably.

"babe?" he ran up to her and caught her before she could trip in thin air and fall. "are you drunk?"

she didn't answer his question, instead she leaned onto his body and slurred. "woah, i almost fell on my ass."

that made him chuckle. "yep, you're definitely drunk."

she looked up and met his eyes. confusion flashed, a frown now dancing on her lips. "harry?"

he grinned when the drunk girl suddenly squealed and threw her arms around him, almost making the both of them fall over. "harry!"

"i missed you," she giggled, pulling away. " i haven't seen you in a long time." that caused the young boy to raise an eyebrow but soon decide to play along.

"i missed you too."

she hiccuped, taking a step back, not realizing the lamp from behind her. "oops!" she snorted as she watched the item fall from the wooden desk to the floor. she shook her head after looking at it for a while, shifting her attention back to the laughing boy who was crouching down to pick it up.

"h-hey!" she slurred, hitting his chest lightly when he stood up. "what's so funny? do i look funny?" he shook his head, a smile dancing on his lips as he placed the item back on the desk.

lily leaned closer to him and scanned his features. "you're gorgeous." she commented, giggling right after, fanning harry's face with her breath. he could smell the alcohol.

he shook his head in amusement, "super drunk."

she leaned back, tripped on her own feet and almost fell for the second time. thankfully, harry caught her in his arms in a swift motion. "jesus, how much did you drink? you can barely carry yourself."

"sorry." she whispered, her body leaning against the boy's as her eyes barely kept themselves open.

"come on, love. i'll take you to bed." he spoke softly, carrying her drunken state up bridal style and striding across the room to get to the bed.

"at least take me to dinner first." she giggled for probably the millionth time. she was a giggly drunk, but it didn't bother harry. he found it quite adorable, actually.

he shook his head and put her down gently. she lazily plopped herself onto the mattress and started undressing while her eyes were still closed.

the flushed boy looked away, turning his back against the girl who basically stripping. "t-take your time."

that made lily laugh. "still a gentleman, i see." he finally turned back around and saw her naked body covered by the comforter. she patted the space next to her and slurred, "come on, har-har. it's not like you haven't seen m-me naked before."

harry laughed as she spoke, lying on the space next to her

harry laughed as she spoke, lying on the space next to her. har-har? that's a weird name.

she sent him a sly smile. "it's been like what, 6 plus 6, equals twelve – one year!" she suddenly screamed, startling the boy. "one year since i've last seen your pretty, pretty face!"

harry frowned. "we just saw each other this morning." for a drunk person, she sure does make a lot of stories.

"n-no, we didn't." she seemed confused herself, her eyes drooping. "it's been a year since you were killed."

harry's heart dropped. of course he knew it wasn't true, he just couldn't help but feel upset over that.

does that mean she wants me dead? i mean, drunk words are sober thoughts after all.

then realization flashed the young girl's eyes. "oh yeah! it's your death anniversary today!"

"but it s-still hurts," she paused, pouting as she pointed at her heart, "r-right here. still hurts."

"alright, enough with the make-believe." he shook his head and let her lay her head on his chest. "go to sleep, i'll be right here."

her eyes fluttered close as she buried her head in his neck, his curly locks tickling her face. "okay, har-har." there it was again, the stupid nickname. "i love you."

that caused harry's frown to turn upside down. he stroked her cheeks gently and said, "and i love you."