I love you

''Don't'' he said when I tried again to take off the bandana covering my eyes ''I want you to keep it on for just one moment''

''What are you doing here, Adam? This was supposed to be my date with Alexander'' I tried to separate from his grip but he didn't let me

''Oh, so it was a date?'' His voice was challenging

''No! It was not a da-''

''I didn't know you went on dates with guys you just met, Am'' He cut me off.

'Am'... no one has ever called me like that before.

''I said it was not a date! Now please take this off my eyes, it's annoying'' I tried to hit him but he was behind me gripping my waist so I moved to make him let go ''and let go of me''

''Not yet, sweetheart'' This time, he whispered in my ear, making me flinch.

I was about to ask him why, until he let go and a few seconds later I heard him step in front of me. Suddenly his warm breath was hitting my neck, and then, his lips pressed against it. I froze right in my spot, not knowing what to do or what to say; my heartbeat went faster and my breathing stopped.

The tip of his fingers traced my back and his warm breath still on my neck. I didn't know what he was doing; was it even Adam?

''Adam, please stop'' I said breathlessly.

''Why?'' He asked against my neck.

''I don't know why are you doing this, and I don't want you to'' I pulled away from him but he gripped my waist again.

''If you don't want me, why did you lock yourself in your room when you met Mark? Why did you get mad with the girl who kissed me and I didn't do anything? Why do you play with me like this? I don't get it'' Adam's voice was soft but it had a hint of pain.

''I'm not playing with you, Adam'' My voice was so soft I barely heard myself. This time I undid the tight knot of the bandana quickly, finally seeing where I was.

We were high on a mountain, a big tree in the middle of it and candles were lighting up the path. Under the giant tree was a blanket laid on the grass and a wooden basket on top of it. Right beside the basket were two blue sleeping bags folded.

Wait, sleeping bags? Was he expecting us to spend the night here? He's absolutely nuts!

After looking around at the place surrounding me, I placed my eyes on Adam's. He was following my gaze and now he was also looking into mine. The candles didn't light up too much the place but it was enough light to see his blue eyes shining, the beautiful blue eyes I've always dreamed of.

''Well, it feels like it'' His voice was also very low but I managed to hear it.

''I don't get it either, Adam. Why do you say I'm playing with you?'' I actually didn't know why. I don't feel like I've hurt him; actually, I'm the one who feels hurt. I had to hide my feelings and watch him go hand in hand with Mark, or watch him kiss the Weldge girl and stand still.

''You don't get it right?'' He lowered his head.

I shook my head no.

''I love you, Amelia, I really do. Ever since I met you I can't stop thinking about you, what are you doing or if you're ok'' he raised his head and the blue of his eyes was more intense this time. ''Don't ask me how it happened because I don't know; I was 100% sure I was only into boys but you've gotten so into my skin, my heart and my head that I'm not sure about that anymore. You don't know how I felt when you didn't answer any of my calls or my messages. Not even words can describe how much I've felt for you in so little time.'' His eyes never looked another place but mine's.

I didn't know what to do or say, I was completely in shock. The man I love, the man I always thought that would never love me like I did because he liked guys was now confessing he loves me; the man who's saved my life with his songs and lyrics, the man whose voice is the only sound I would ever want to hear in my life was right in front of me saying the words I've always wanted to hear from him.

Even if I tried to say something, the words just wouldn't come out. My eyes were burning and I had a lump in the throat; I wanted to jump at him and hug him tightly and never let go, but my body was unable to do anything.

''Please, say something'' His voice cracked and I felt my knees getting weak.

Again I didn't say anything and Adam sighed.

''I...I understand, it's ok'' He wiped his eyes, even if he hadn't drop a tear.

''I love you too'' Was all I could say but my body miraculously managed to move, and I got closer to him.

And then, he kissed me...