Mess I Made Part 2: Forever And Always (DaithiDeNogla)

(Your P.O.V)

I'm sitting at a kitchen table that wasn't mine in a crummy motel, reassessing what I've just gone through and realizing the mess that's been made of my relationship with David. He was always amazing and so enthusiastic about the future of us and what we were going to be. We were going to get married and have a family, even though I can't make one... But still. I know he would've tried to do anything to make me the happiest person in the world. I just never thought telling him that I was unable to bear children would end us so quickly like it did...

Tears roll down my cheeks as the hours pass and I begin to believe that David will never call me or try to get me back. I begin to believe that we're truly over and done with. The pain is overwhelming, and I think about ending my life for a second. Then, the phone rings and I pick it up in a rush thinking it's David.

"Yes, Miss (Y/N)? Are you of any relation to David Nagle?" A smooth male voice speaks from the other end.

"Um..." I sniffle and wipe away my tears as I realize this is not who I thought it was. "Yes I am. Why? Who is this?"

"I am Dr. Henderson. I have David here and he claims to be your boyfriend. I suggest you get here as soon as possible Miss. He's in a bad state of health and we presume he may not make it through the night due to a head-on collision as he was driving home from a bar..." The doctor continues to explain in further detail about David's condition, but I have no time to hear it. By now I'm running out the door with my keys and phone in hand, with the doctor still speaking, and heading to my car to get to David.

***

Pushing my way past doctors and nurses, I finally found David. A doctor, who I guess is the Doctor Henderson who I spoke to on the phone, is standing next to David's bed. I get one glance at David's face and instantly fall to my knees, tears rolling down my cheeks again. 

"Oh, Miss (Y/N), let me help you. Please try to calm down. I know this is hard for you, but we've done all we can. He's suffered major head trauma and many of his organs have been damaged in the crash. We would consider transplants but the list is just too long to try to get him the ones he needs. I'm very sorry to have to deliver this news to you. I'll leave you alone with him now." Doctor Henderson leaves the room, sliding the curtain behind him as he exits. 

"Oh, David. Can you hear me? I'm so sorry..." I cry and hold onto his hand, pulling a chair up next to the bed. His face is bloody and bruised with an uncomfortable expression gracing his once perfect features. "I can't believe how terrible this day has been..." I lay my head on his chest and sob harder than before, clutching his limp hand.

"(Y/N)," The thick Irish accent fills my ears. "It's not your fault." His voice is so weak and quiet that I can barely make out what he's saying.

"Nogla!" I exclaim. "Nogla, please listen to me. I love you. Please don't leave me. You can't."

"(Y/N), I know I said I was done. But I can't be. We're going to have a wonderful life together. I'm not upset anymore. I deserved this. It was stupid for me to get mad over something you can't control. You're perfect the way you are, and that makes me love you even more, babe. We'll adopt kids someday and have a beautiful little family. You'll finish college and become a doctor like you wanted to. And I'll still do YouTube like I love to. Nothing is changing. I'm here to stay." Nogla's voice was choppy and rough. It pained me to hear him this way. It also bothered me about how he spoke about the future and the good life we would have when he's not even gonna make it to see tomorrow.

"David...I guess they didn't tell you..." I say, my voice breaking.

"Didn't tell me what?"

"You've suffered from many organ problems due to the crash, and a lot of other injuries, too. They say you won't make it through the night." I'm crying even harder now, pushing my face into the bed sheets that he lays upon.