5.

It's been two weeks since everyone found out that Johnathan molested Nicole. Brooklyn, Cleo, and Nicole began counseling so they can be able to cope with the situation better. Nicole has been doing well and she's becoming her normal self again.

Cleo was currently sitting outside of the fitting room with his son on his lap. He was waiting for Nicole and Brooklyn to come out. They were shopping for a dress for the father and daughter dance that was being held the next day.

Cleo was looking at his phone so he didn't notice Brooklyn and Nicole walking out. Nigel began to clap his hands, gaining Cleo's attention.

He looked at his daughter and smiled. "You look beautiful, baby girl."

Nicole smiled. "Thank you, daddy. This one is my favorite."

"That's my favorite too." Cleo replied.

"So are we getting this one?" Brooklyn asked. Nicole looked up at her mother and nodded. "Okay, lets take this off so daddy can pay for it."

After Nicole took off the dress and Cleo paid for it, they picked Theodore up from Cleo's parents house and went to get something to eat from a local Mexican restaurant.

"Did my dad work you hard today?" Cleo asked.

Claude and Duke allow Theodore to do yard work around their houses to earn money. Depending on how long he works and how well he does his job, they pay him between a hundred and three hundred dollars. He takes turns going to each house and he works every two weeks. He puts the money away for college, even though he has a good chance of getting a full scholarship.

"Not too bad." Theodore said as he ran his fingers through his curly afro.

"You need a haircut soon, man." Cleo said.

"No he doesn't. I like his fro." Brooklyn chimed in.

The server came out with their food and quickly passed it out to the family. Nigel tried to reach for Brooklyn's food, but she quickly stopped him.

"You wanna grow your hair out?" Cleo asked Theodore, continuing the conversation.

"I don't know. The girls at school like the fro." Theodore replied.

Cleo began to hype him up and Brooklyn mugged him. "You don't need to be worried about those fast ass girls." She said as she gave Nigel a piece of Nicole's cheese quesadilla.

"Hey!" Nicole exclaimed.

"You're not gonna eat all of that anyway." Brooklyn said.

"You need to stop hating on the young nigga." Cleo told Brooklyn.

"I'm not hating." Brooklyn replied as she rolled her eyes.

"She hating." Cleo whispered to Theodore, making Brooklyn elbow him in his torso.

-

"You had fun, baby girl?" Cleo asked Nicole as he pulled out of the school parking lot.

"Yes." Nicole replied. "Thank you for being my daddy."

Cleo laughed. "Thank you for choosing me to be your daddy."

"Daddy?" Nicole said.

"Yeah?"

"I'm sorry for not telling you and mommy about what happened to me. I was scared." She told him.

"It's alright. I know you were scared. You know mommy and I love you and we'll do anything to protect you. You don't have to hide anything from us." Cleo said.