Chapter twenty one

Start from the beginning

Zaahira and Sharrkan's smiles faded into surprise. Zaahira spoke first, "Want to head to my room, then? It's private."

Amirah nodded, and the three set off.

~

When Amirah finished explaining her story of her kidnapping, she was surprisingly calm. A bit fidgety, but generally alright. Content. She had finally gotten everything off her chest; she wasn't alone anymore.

On the other hand, Zaahira was a wreck. "I'm so sorry, Princess A-Amirah... If I had just- just done something that wouldn't have happened..." Tears ran down her cheeks, and Amirah felt her heart sink at the sight.

"No, Zaahira..." Amirah reached out to rest a hand on her shoulder. She glanced over at Sharrkan -who had been oddly quiet- and froze. After Zaahira began crying he quickly followed suit, though he tried to hide it.

Amirah suddenly regretted every word she had said. She didn't want to see them like that. She hung her head, mumbling, "Sorry..."

"Don't be," Sharrkan spoke. "We should've looked harder for you. We could've..."

"N-Nothing can change what happened," Amirah was trying to convince herself as well as them. She could imagine how her brother felt. Although she didn't believe him, she could imagine he thought he was horrible for 'not being there for her' throughout the years. And Zaahira, she had been right there when it happened. Amirah knew nothing she could've done would have prevented anything. In the worst case- they would've both been captured, and then what? No one would have been there to warn Sinbad and the generals, and they would quite possibly still have been in their captor's grasp.

Amirah told exactly that to the blonde, who hiccuped and muttered an agreement in response. As for Sharrkan, Amirah didn't know what to say. But her entire being wanted him to not be upset or guilty about it.

Before she got the chance to find her words, Sharrkan spoke again, "We'll kick their asses for you, alright? That's a promise."

Amirah laughed. It was weak and sad just like the mood. Then a glimmer of determination sparked in the princess' eyes, "We'll kick their asses together. I will master djinn equipping and witness their destruction."

Zaahira smiled, "I'll have to get working on my magic, then!"

"You better not fall behind," Amirah teased.

"I won't! So long as you admit your feelings for King Sinbad~" Another cheeky grin.

"You'll be a novice forever then!"

And for once, Amirah had a quiet and complacent night sleep.

~

Author's Note-

This chapter is really cute and sad and while writing it all I could think of was Sharrkan in the recent Magi chapter ;-; *Spoilers*

LOOK AT HOW SAD HE IS IT MAKES ME SAD

*screaming*

*screaming*

Edit: I was crying over Sharrkan so much I forgot to ask if there was anything you guys wanted to see in this fic for like filler chapters or anything. I've got plans but I feel it's too soon? Probably not but any ideas are welcome~