Chapter thirty three

"Princess Amirah~!" Zaahira called as she happily skipped around the streets of Sindria, Cayden and Alex just barely keeping up with her. They were in search of Amirah, the males feeling like lost puppies in the ocean of people surrounding them.

Leonidas in specific was uncomfortably nervous, yet his pride wouldn't allow him to admit he was scared of crowds. Alex knew of his fear, though, and had asked him several times if he wanted to retire for the night. As expected, Leonidas shook his head and refused, barely able to keep his 'Cayden' personality on and refrain from snapping at Alex.

"I wonder where she went?" Zaahira's voice broke the males from their silent squabble.

Alex was the first to reply, "I don't know. Maybe she's with the generals?"

Zaahira nodded, "Mm... Maybe Sharrkan.' She turned around, changing course to the direction of the palace. To make conversation, Zaahira mentioned, "You know Sharrkan is Amirah's brother, yeah? I'm not sure if she's mentioned him."

This piqued the males' interests. Alex jogged to catch up to Zaahira, matching her pace as he said, "No, she never mentioned that. Why is he in Sindria, then?"

"I don't know the full story, really, but I guess he was exiled from Heliohapt."

"I heard most of the generals were exiled from their countries," Leonidas added, walking a pace behind them.

"Yeah, it's true," Zaahira confirmed.

"That means they're all royalty, doesn't it?" Alex assumed.

"Yep!" Zaahira chirped. "Well, they were." As she spoke she scanned the area for Amirah, her eyes instead landing on Ja'far. She'd already started to go after him when she remembered to tell the males where she was going, "Hey, I'm going to go talk to Ja'far. Princess Amirah is probably around somewhere, I'm sure. I'll catch up with you guys later, alright?!"

"Ah, sure!" Alex called back, but the blonde magician was already gone. He still wasn't used to how impulsive Zaahira was. He turned to Leonidas, "What now?"

"Shall we continue our search for the princess? We still need info on Sinbad, yanno." Leonidas' mask instantly fell away, his typical slang kicking in.

Alex sighed heavily, plopping down on a nearby bench. "Can't we just take a break from snooping around? Just for one night, Leon."

"You need a break?" Leonidas laughed. "Every moment you're with the princess you look like you're on vacation you're having so much fun!" He paused to huff angrily, then said, "Stop actually enjoying yourself. This is all business, yanno."

"Why can't I? I'm going to be married to her, after all." Alex argued.

"Not for long. I don't know what mom's got planned but I doubt she'd want someone as clever as her in the palace for long."

Alex smirked, "So you admit Amirah's smart, huh?"

Leonidas gave the younger prince a deadpan expression. "Shut it. I'm gonna go see if I can't find Sinbad."

"Don't get caught~" Alex warned as Leonidas walked away.

"You're one to talk!"

~

After what felt like hours of searching and possibly a few drinks, Leonidas finally spotted King Sinbad stumbling about, looking as though he was searching for someone himself and had also had one too many drinks. Man, if only I could off him now... Leonidas thought. With how drunk he is I certainly could... Pushing aside the urge, Leonidas stealthily followed the king around.