Chapter fifteen

Chapter fifteen

About a week later, Amirah was completely healed -at least physically- and was growing accustomed to her new wardrobe. She was helping Zaahira with work around the kingdom; simple things like patching up a roof or playing with children while their parents worked. Eventually it seemed like they had helped everyone in Sindria, and requests for help died down to almost nothing.

Having finished their last job of the day early, Amirah and Zaahira were exploring the palace. On their mini-journey, Amirah accidentally bumped into someone in the Silver Scorpio Tower training grounds. "My apologies," She turned to make sure the person was alright.

"It's alright," Came his reply. He was a teen with back hair and blue eyes, a scar covering the left side of his face. He wielded a spear, and had been training with it before the princesses ran into him. He looked at Amirah more closely, blue eyes narrowing slightly with interest. "You're Princess Amirah, correct?"

"Yes, I am." Amirah nodded. Zaahira stood beside her, happily introducing herself as well.

"I'm Hakuryuu Ren," The male smiled back.

"You're a Kou prince, aren't you?!" Zaahira gasped as she realized, growing excited.

"Yes," Hakuryuu nodded. "I'm here to learn about Sindria. You came from Heliohapt, right?"

Amirah nodded again, smiling, "I did."

"Hm."

"Something wrong?"

"Nothing. You just look different than I thought. I wouldn't be able to tell you're from Heliohapt if it wasn't for your skin and hair. And your snake."

Laughing lightly and rubbing her neck, Amirah agreed, "Yeah, I guess Sindria's rubbed off on me since I got here." Her nervous gaze landed on the tip of the prince's spear, where an eight-pointed star rested. Lifting her eyes back to Hakuryuu's she asked, "You've captured a dungeon?"

Hakuryuu looked down at his spear then back up, "Just recently, yes. I've been training with Spartos a lot."

Pulling out her fan, Amirah said, "I've captured one as well, but I haven't had the chance to use it yet. Care to give me a few pointers?"

"I'd also like to know more about the Kou Empire, if that's ok!" Zaahira bubbled with excitement. Neither girl had met anyone from Kou before, so they were eager to make the most of it.

Their enthusiasm must have rubbed off onto the Imperial prince. Hakuryuu smiled, saying, "Of course. Where shall we start?"

~

A few hours later, Amirah had made very little progress. She couldn't get her weapon equip to work no matter what she tried. Hakuryuu, on the other hand, was rather close to being able to perform a full djinn equip- or at least half. It was rather frustrating to be out-done by a prince of another country, but Amirah kept it to herself, leaving Zaahira to talk about anything and everything about the Kou Empire with the prince. Instead Amirah walked around the palace for a while longer, curious as to what the generals and Sinbad were doing.

As if on cue, Amirah found the king, talking with the Balbadd prince and a pink haired girl. Smiling, Sinbad said, "You're power is magnificent, Princess. Please show it to me."

Amirah frowned. The pink haired girl was a princess? Most likely from Kou, then. Then she huffed, crossing her arms. Does he really flirt with every princess he meets?

She didn't have much longer to angrily think it over, as the princess raised a hair pin and called, "Dwell within me, Vinea!"

Sinbad smiled, raising his right arm, "Dwell within me, Focalor!"

In a flash, the pair changed form, Sinbad's hair turning dark red, feathers becoming the tips of is hair. His attire changed as well, red robes tied around his waist and dark tattoos covering his chest. As for the Kou princess, her robes disappeared, replaced by light blue scales that covered most of her body. Her hair turned blue, and she held a large blue sword.

The Balbadd prince, Alibaba, was just as surprised as Amirah, exclaiming, "They both performed full djinn equips?!" As he spoke, the pair flew into the sky, breaking through the ceiling above them easily.

"Wow..." Amirah took a few steps forward, amazed. She looked to Alibaba, "Can you do that as well, Prince Alibaba?"

The blond turned his wide eyes to Amirah, shaking his head, "No, I can't." Turning their attention back to Sinbad and Kougyoku, they watched in amazement.

Kougyoku was gathering water in her sword, sending it at Sinbad who blocked it with a small tornado. The force sent the princess flying into the ocean below them, which she fearlessly flew back out of, literally in her element. She came back up, surrounded by the ocean water, while Sinbad flew at her with an immense amount of wind swirling around him.

They were evenly matched for a few moments, before Sinbad's wind overpowered her, turning the water into mist and rain that showered the citizens below. Once the rain cleared, Amirah could see Sinbad and Kougyoku talking, yet couldn't make out any words. Sinbad smirked, and Kougyoku blushed and smiled, raising her sword above her head.

The Kou princess began gathering water from the ocean as she chanted, "Spirit of Sorrow and Isolation... Thou who wields the power to make kings, bring forth the great raging streams that judge the surfaced Earth!" A huge eight-pointed star glowed behind her as the ocean waves built, quickly forming a giant tsunami behind her.

Amirah quickly panicked, taking several steps back. "What is that power?!" She'd never heard of djinns being so powerful. Although she hadn't done much research in the first place, it was still insane to actually see. Can King Sinbad really block that?!

"Vainel Ganezza!!" Kougyoku pointed her sword at Sinbad, and the waves obeyed, planning to wash over all or most of Sindria.

Despite the panic below, Sinbad faced the monstrous wave calmly, raising his palms and shouting, "Foraz Zora!" Two large tornadoes formed, one in each hand, easily dispersing the water and sending yet another shower onto the kingdom below.

Amirah lowered her arms, which had been shielding her from the rain just in time to see Sinbad release his djinn equip and begin falling. Panic shot through her momentarily, but she calmed slightly as the king raised his hand, activating another djinn equip.

"Another djinn equip...?" Alibaba gaped at the scene before him.

Slowly, Sinbad lowered himself onto the ground, now much shorter and resembling a goat. Amirah couldn't help but laugh at his appearance. He turned to the pair below him, "Alibaba-kun, Princess Amirah, cover your ears."

Amirah furrowed her brow. Why cover her ears? Up on the balcony far behind her she heard Hinahoho gasp and exclaim, "It's Zepar!"

Turning towards him, she watched as he and Ja'far covered their ears. Ja'far said, "This is bad... He plans on using that?!"

Confused, Amirah turned back to Sinbad and Alibaba, covering her ears as best she could. Seconds later Kougyoku flew in for another attack, and Sinbad screamed. It was painfully loud, even to Amirah who had her hands pressed up against her head tightly. Citizens nearby began falling to the ground, followed by Kougyoku, whose djinn equip vanished as she fell.

Alibaba uncovered his ears and ran over to her, catching her just before she fell. "Kougyoku?! What happened?!"

Floating nearby, Sinbad explained, "I told her mind to 'sleep'. This is Zepar's power." His voice was high pitched and, frankly, adorable to Amirah. "It's a bit careless of an attack, though, so it affects those around us a little."

"A-A little...?" Alibaba stammered, looking around at the bodies sleeping everywhere.

"So this is the power of a dijnn...huh?" Amirah felt exhausted just having watched their fight. She looked down at her fan, wondering if she'd be able to do something like that one day.

~

Author's Note-

*cheats at writing by using a manga chapter/ anime episode* fite me irl

also this was supposed to be updated on Saturday (4/23/16) but I'm impatient and hoping your comments will motivate me to write more cause idfk what I'm doing