Chapter nine

Chapter nine

Anne took Lee's spot standing in front of Amirah, "Princess? Are you okay?"

"Huh? 'Princess'...?" Amirah never thought any of these horrible, masked, people would talk to her properly.

"Your wounds must hurt," Anne looked her over more closely. The worst of her cuts was a deep slash crossing diagonally across her stomach. The rest were shallow, but that one could be fatal if untreated. "There's nothing I can do, really. I'm sorry."

"Who are you?" Amirah asked shakily. Why wasn't she torturing her? Was there really a kind person in this hell-hole?

"My name's Anne," The masked female forced out.

"Anne? You don't seem sure of that..."

"It's not my real name," Anne admitted. "But what's your name, Princess?"

"Amirah. My name's Amirah..."

"That's a pretty name. So you're from Heliohapt? What's it like there?"

"Heliohapt is nice...I've been in Sindria recently though." Amirah was unsure why she was saying anything at all.

"Yeah? What's King Sinbad like?: Anne began uncuffing Amirah from the wall.

"He's very kind, I like him. He's better than King Armakan portrayed him to be." Anne caught Amirah as she undid the last two cuffs, both girls falling to the floor. "Thank you..." Amirah panted, leaning her back on the wall behind her. She looked down at her wounds and cringed.

"No problem. Lee wasn't supposed to keep you chained up anyway." Anne sat cross-legged a few feet away. Next, she fiddled with her mask and pulled it off. Long blonde hair fell out everywhere, and bright green eyes smiled at the princess. "So, what else about Sindra is nice?"

Amirah was surprised, yet answered, "The generals are kind. My assistant, Zaahira, likes one of them."

Anne chuckled, "Really? Who?"

"His name's Ja'far. He's pretty much King Sinbad's right hand man." Amirah was tired, exhausted even, too tired to care how strange the situation was.

"I see... What does he look like?"

"He has white hair and black eyes...I've heard he was an assassin when he was younger. Until Sinbad found him, that is."

"Sounds charming. You have another brother too, right? He lives in Sindria, doesn't he?" Anne continued to ask questions, and Amirah continued to answer them truthfully, unaware as to what was going on.

A while later, Amirah pulled her tube-top half shirt off.

"He-Hey! What are you doing?!" Anne exclaimed, covering her her eyes and blushing furiously.

"I need to treat this wound," Amirah said simply, tearing the fabric and wrapping it around her stomach.

"With your top?!"

"What else is there to use?" Amirah finished tying the fabric. "I'm not embarrassed to show my breasts."

"Right... it's the belly button you guys are cautious about..." Anne turned back to Amirah, yet kept her eyes covered.

"You can open your eyes, Anne. I don't mind."

"I do!" The blonde's blush deepened.

"Is this really that big of a deal? Do you have sisters?"

"I'm not close to them like that..." Anne slowly lowered her hands.

"Can you tell me more about yourself?" Amirah asked.

"Not really. My mother will get angry."

"Right..."

"Can you tell me more about you, though? I'd love to hear it." Anne smiled.

Now that Amirah was more awake, and her wound had stopped bleeding, she was more cautious of what she said. "What else is there to say?"

"What about the dungeon you captured?" Anne asked.

"Her name is Antheia, but I know nothing else."

"Not even her magic type?"

"Nope."

"Hmm..." Anne thought for a moment, then stood, "Well, I've got to go, see you later, Princess Amirah."

"Goodbye, Anne."

~

"That went well, Anne." Lee complimented his sibling as she walked from the cell-filled basement.

"See, Al can work with you." Anne didn't even glance his way as she walked.

"No, you can work with me."

Anne stopped, her back to Lee. "I'm a scout. I find people to interrogate, you do the interrogations. I'm not going to help you hurt and lie to people, Lee."

"What were you just doing, then? Making friends?" Lee laughed. "You really are naive, Anne. This is our life. You want to stop Sinbad, don't you?" Lee grew angry. Dark colored birds fluttered around him, hidden from their view.

Anne was covered in light birds still, her brother Al and their father the same. But the amount of black rukh their mother was bathed in was obscene. Her and Lee were beyond saving, buried in their need for vengeance.

For what? Who knows...?

~

Author's Note-

So from here on out it might be weekly updates (hopefully 2 a week?) cause I only pre-wrote up to here and I'm like halfway done chapter 10.

I have the entire plot planned out though, pretty much, so I don't believe there is any chance of this not being updated. I wouldn't abandon it this far anyway xD