Chapter Two

Chapter Two

Three months later...

I stood outside the door of his mini-mansion, as I liked to call it, casually dressed in jeans and a tank top. Knocking sharply on the door, I admired his mother's work on her rose bushes and his father's artful garden taste.

The door opened quickly, nearly flying off its hinges, and in its doorway stood Julien with his hair as messed up as usual in a white tshirt and blue jeans. "Hey," he said breathlessly, yanking me in by my wrist and smoothly planting a sweet kiss on my lips.

Blushing and straightening my hair, I walked in, comfortably familiar with the house. His butler smiled at me, and I waved. Julien's laptop was open on the coffee table in front of the TV, and as Julien went to make us drinks, I sat on the couch.

Now I don't usually pry into his YouTubing life, or the ever interested paparazzi who constantly bombarded into his personal life; I knew for a fact that he often told them lies and other pieces of gossip to keep them interested and off his back with their nags, but he's never told them about me.

With our version of 'Begin Again' online, they've been bugging him even more, especially when the likes soared to a million in three days. It was common knowledge now that we were dating, and we freely let cameras snap pictures of us dating. It was nothing to me, knowing that he would never tell the paparazzi anything and keep my personal life off records, but my that trust was shattered when the headlines on the bright screen caught my eye.

YOUTUBE HEARTTHROB BADBOY JULIEN MARCUS CHEATED ON!

My eyes widened, and before I could stop myself and rationalize that there was a perfectly reasonable excuse for this bullshit, I grabbed the laptop and let my eyes absorb the lie.

'YouTube badboy, Julien Marcus has recently revealed to E! that he was cheated on, by his girlfriend, Jamie Nathan, and with his brother no less! After their highly successful collaboration on 'Begin Again', originally by Taylor Swift which posted three months ago, these two lovebirds have been seen dating pretty much everywhere. Word has it that it was Ms.Nathan herself who changed our boy from major ladies' man to a one woman only policy. If this is true, what then led to her cheating on him with Matthew Marcus, Julien's very own brother? Seems like this girl has her issues...'

Before I could continue reading, before the tears could spill at the lies, Julien came in holding two glasses of lemonade, my favourite drink I would have enjoyed if not for the paragraph of bullshit right before my eyes.

Composing myself and willing the tears to just go away, at least temporarily, I turned the screen to face him and calmly asked, "Julien...what the fuck is this?"

His eyes widened when he saw what I indicated. Breathing slowly, I saw his hazel eyes darken with apprehension and he gently placed the glasses on the coffee table. "Jamie..." he said quietly, looking me in the eyes. "I can explain, okay, just hear me out..."

"Hear you out? Hear you out, you have to be fucking kidding me!" I practically screamed. My temper had lessened over the years, but it hadn't disappeared, and all barriers tumbled down.

I shut him up before he could say anything, but I saw his eyes smoke over with anger and his shoulders tense. Yeah, get pissed off at me, so what?

"Jamie," he began, but I barged in.

"No, Julien! I trusted you! I handled all your bullshits and this is what I get? You just handed my ass, my ass and Matt's, to the fucking paparazzi! This is my goddamn reputation, damn it, Julien!" Words were coming out of my mouth in a fury, fast and uncontrolled.