Chapter 17

Serena's POV

"Listen...hey..Uhm...I don't get it why you're asking this but uhm,your mum is dead. She died day before yesterday I guess. Accident. Dead before medical assistance."

As soon as I figured out the movement of his lips,my hands automatically covered the gasp that escaped my lips.The rate of my heart beat which was racing had now stopped completely,knowing that hers stopped too.My widened eyes didn't shed a single tear now,because I couldn't process or rather accept all of this...

I diverted my gaze to his eyes and at instant,he broke off the contact by looking down,clearly stating that he wasn't lying.I knew he wasn't lying,as the others too conveyed the same emotion,but then,this isn't something you'll believe so easily..
After all,she was my mother...

My mind already absorbed the fact that she went through an accident but then,death?I was still praying that she's alright.I knew I'm in denial.You cannot react when you cannot accept something.

I looked at him,my expression reflecting my urge for an explanation,which he did grasp eventually,as he continued.

"I thought you knew about it,since Ash is under the same roof as you,wait...Ash didn't tell you?"

Ash?How would he know?

I shook my head frantically.

"Wow!It was Ash who found her on the street,severely injured. He called for the ambulance and after checking her pulse and stuff,she was declared dead.Though the tire marks of his car and the 'criminal's' car are different, he's still an important part of the case.I guess her family is not yet identified apart from you,I think they would've uhm...y'know,cremated her...I still find it shocking that I'm the one to break the news to you..."Meyer blinked.

Tears poured down my cheeks as I clutched my pendant.This was just too much to bear..
Rosa was gone.
The person whom I trusted the most had hid the fact that my mother died.

At the corner of my eye,I spot Ash walking into the room,his hair dripping wet and his face going pale,as his gaze drifts to me and Meyer.