22

Sorry guys, my laptop charger broke. It wasn't me being a lazy shit this time lol.

***

We all sat in my bedroom in silence. The thought of Carly always sat in the back of my mind, but this was now and real.

"When did you find out?" I asked after a few minutes.
"A few weeks ago." She replied softly
The room went silent again.
"I forgive you." I tried not to look at her.
"I don't want you forgiving me out of pity."
I shook my head. "I'm not. We're best friends. You fucked up. It happens." I took a deep breath. "You'll be dead and I don't want the only memory of us to be that." She nodded. "You're my only best friend." My voice quivered. "Through life and death, and I don't want you to die for me to put it behind me. I want you to know right now." Dylan grabbed my hand.
"Our family was broken up once." I looked around at everyone. "I won't let it happen again."

Month One

"Are you scared?" Dylan asked

"I'm about to push a football out of my puss. My best friend is on the floor below us, waiting to die. I'm just the chilliest woman alive right now."

"At least you get to lay down." Noah mumbled.

"My vagina is going to be ripped soon because you don't like wearing condoms and you're too damn fertile." I rolled my eyes. "Pass me my ice chips, you fertile turd." Noah rolled his eyes and handed me my cup filled with ice. I felt my stomach tightened. "How long is this suppose to happen for? I feel like I have to shit. I wonder if birth feels like shitting." I wondered out loud.

It's not.

Month Two
Baby Emmett looked so handsome in his tux. Usually I would rant and rave about how cute he is in his tiny clothing but the energy was off.

"Do you think he'll be okay during the funeral?" I asked Dylan and Noah.

"He should. He's a good little boy." Noah said proudly. So far, Noah has been the perfect father and Dylan has been the perfect step-father. In fact, I some times have difficulty telling whether Dylan and I are together or Noah and Dylan.

We decided to have the funeral here. The house was big enough to fit Carly's family and it was easier for me to get around since I was still healing. I took a deep breath. "Let's go see our best friend, one last time."

Month three

"Do you think the book will sell?" I asked Dylan.

"Are you kidding? Ever since you came from the dark, we've had cameras in our faces for weeks. Everyone loves you." He continued feeding Emmett.

After Carly's passing, I decided it was time to make a move on what I should do. I scored a book deal first. A few acting gigs. I've even been asked about having a reality show. What would they even show? Emmett and Dylan both trying to suck my nipples?

"I guess you're right." I kissed his cheek and Emmett's head.

"I know I am. I love my super star girlfriend and so does everyone else." Emmett burped and gave a toothless smile. "He's so handsome, Jesus. When will you give me one of these?"

"When you put a ring on my finger." I mumbled, looking through bills. I felt Dylan's eyes on me so I looked back.

"I'm going to hold you to that."

Month Four

"My body is killing me." I sighed. Noah took Emmett for a few days since he had some time off from Medical School and Dylan and I have been taking full advantage of it.

"You're telling me, you almost broke my pelvis." He groaned sitting up.

"You know you loved it." I said and kissed his chest. I could feel him chuckle.

"Could you go into the dresser and get the rope? I can't have you destroying the second best thing about me." I laughed and went to the dresser.

"You said second best thing." I said searched for the rope. "What's the first?"

"You." I heard him right behind me. I turned around as fast as I could and saw a sight I've always loved to see; a man kneeling before me but for a totally different reason. I let off a series of curse words. "Is that a yes?" He asked nervously.

"That's a fuck yes! Get up so I can kiss you!"

"Thank god, if I stayed like that any longer, I would have to go to the ER." He stood up and kissed me.

Year One

"Oh, you're full of shit!"

"Shit! Shit!"

"Emmett, don't copy your mother."

"Shit! Shit!"

"Now you've got the boy cussing."

Tonight was family night and so far, it was going great.

"Next time, you won't try to change the goddamn rules of Monopoly!" I yelled at Noah. "Baby, Read the rules again!"  Dylan rolled his eyes as he picked up the directions for the fifth time.

We would do this every Wednesday now. Our lives were pretty busy, with the wedding planning, Emmett, the book releasing, sex. So we needed something stable.

If I could look at this scene through my 17 year old, angry, violent, sex crazed eyes, I wouldn't believe it. I have family of my own, each of us reaching new heights. "Baby, you don't have to read the paper again."

"Are you about to cry?" Dylan asked concerned.

"I just really love you guys." I said through my tears. Dylan and Noah both stood up and hugged me. "That and I've been high off of Xanax all day."

"What?" They both asked."

I shushed "Don't say anything. Don't ruin the moment."

THE END