Pre-Don (A.K.A. Prologue)

"Hey, are you okay?"

The green, curly haired boy looked up, meeting a pair of amber eyes that were staring into his. He yelped softly, jumping backwards, only to land on his back.

Ketsuka blinked once. "Izu-kun, don't be so scared!"

"K-Kecchan?" He stammered, seeing the girl he had only met once or thrice before. "What're you doing here?"

"Onii-chan and I were passing by when we saw you crying!" She explained, smiling. "What's wrong?"

Izuku's eyes saddened, hugging his knees. "I...I'm Quirkless."

Ketsuka stared at him, slightly surprised, before her expression saddened as well.

"I don't believe she has one, Miss Bakugou, I'm sorry," the doctor said, and the woman scowled, glaring at her daughter, who was oblivious to the hateful gaze. Katsuki growled, hugging his younger sister from behind, glaring at his mother, whose gaze immediately softened as they settled on him.

The doctor raised a brow at the small exchange before his eyes became sympathetic, looking at the small blond girl. "There are signs of one, if that's important at all. There's a chance she has one, but it'll manifest much later, but right now, she's a Quirkless child."

"It's okay, Izu-kun!" Ketsuka chirped, and Katsuki crouched next to his sister, glaring at Izuku, who grew confused at his scorching stare. "I'm Quirkless too!"

"Really?" Izuku asked, surprised. He hadn't expected the sister of a boy with a powerful Quirk not to have one as well.

"No, Ketsu-chan, you might not have a Quirk," Katsuki growled, jealous of the attention his sister was giving Izuku. He grabbed her hand and began to pull her away. "Let's go."

"W-Wait, Onii-chan!" She whined, before turning to Izuku and waving. "See you later!"

"B-Bye, Kecchan, Kacchan!" He waved back, feeling a bit better. Maybe it wasn't so bad being Quirkless.

When the two Bakugou's reached home, Ketsuka felt Katsuki let go of her. She pouted, turning to him. "I wanted to talk to Izu-kun!"

"Don't!" He blurted harshly. Ketsuka faltered slightly, fear flashing in her eyes, a few tears building. Katsuki realized what he had done and hugged her. "I'm sorry, Ketsu-chan... I didn't mean to," he repeated over and over again.

"What happened to you?!"

Katsuki shot up from his bed, turning to where his sister should be, but she was gone.

In a panic, he shot up and ran out of the room, heading towards the sound of his parents arguing. Katsuki wrenched the door open, and his eyes widened.

There was a teenage girl who looked like his sister...

But was it?

"K-Ketsu-chan?" He called, and the teenager turned to him.

The look in her eyes shattered him.

She was scared. Terrified.

She didn't know what she was supposed to do.

"Is this her Quirk?" Their father's voice cut in. He crossed his arms, frowning. "It's a pretty useless Quirk, I'd say."

"We can't do anything with this one," their mother sighed, before jabbing her thumb towards the door. "Out you go."

Ketsuka's eyes widened, tears building up. "W-What?" She slowly shrank back into a small child, of three years of age.

Katsuki ran up to his sister and wrapped his arms around her, glaring at his parents. "I don't want Ketsu-chan to leave!" He stated, and his mother frowned, reaching out to him.

"Get away from that girl, she isn't worth your time..." Katsuki's eyes glinted and he held out his hand, grabbing a hold of his mother's wrist and setting off an explosion. She yelped in slight pain, taking her arm back and grasping the steel surface.

"Luckily for me, I have a hardening Quirk..."

She glared at Katsuki. "Why are you protecting a worthless child like her?"

"She isn't worthless, she's my sister!"

Katsuki gasped, eyes flying open. He panted slightly, quickly calming himself. He felt a little sweat build up, and quickly wiped it away. Katsuki looked down in his arms, to see a girl a bit younger than himself. His expression softened.

He poked her arm, and her eyes slowly opened. She looked up at him and smiled. "G'morning, Onii-chan..."

Katsuki grunted, sat up and stretched. "Those geezers left in the middle of the night – off to some party to get drunk again," he growled, and the 14-year-old girl sighed.

"Doesn't school start soon? We should get dressed..." Ketsuka pointed out, sitting up and stretching as well.

"Get out, this ain't your room," Katsuki demanded, pushing her out the door and closing it behind her.

"Mean!" She huffed, before jogging off to her room.

Katsuki pulled on his Yuuei uniform before opening the door and walking to her room, waiting for her to finish. The door opened after a moment, and Ketsuka grinned at him. She grabbed his wrist, and pulled him to the front door of the house. Ketsuka kicked on her shoes, Katsuki taking more time to put on his, before pulling him out the door and they were on their way.

Katsuki scowled at the skirt she was wearing, and opened his mouth to speak, but she just frowned. "Hey, it isn't my fault these clothes are the only ones mom buys me!"

Katsuki's scowl deepened. 'It's because she wants to prostitute you,' he thought. 'She doesn't love you, she hates you. She just wants to sell you off for a good sum of money.'

He couldn't tell her the truth.

He just couldn't.

The truth.

That truth.

That one truth he couldn't let her know about.