Chapter 4-A mysterious power

Glowing text appears. "Whimsun approaches weakly"

Naruto readied himself, looking sadly at the monster. It looked unsure about fighting.

He dodges a feeble attack, before attempting to reason with it. However, after only saying a few words, the whimsun burst into tears and ran off.

Naruto sighed and put his knife back... Before pausing. When did he draw his knife? Why would he draw his knife? He wasn't going to hurt it... Was he?

Feeling incredibly uneasy, he continued on.

Finding a room with cracks all across the floor, he took a careful step forwards, causing the floor to break.

He gasped loudly as he fell through, landing on a floor below. Rubbing his side back he got up and looked around. Two doors.

After a moment's deliberation he chose the door on the right.

Suddenly he was upstairs again, on the other side of the cracked floor. Tilting his head in confusion, he continued on.

Every now and then his soul would resonate strongly within his chest, and he would clutch the shirt above his chest with newfound determination rushing through him.

A hoppit hopped close. Naruto's soul glowed brightly and glowing letters showing his health bar showed up. The froggit, though seeming reluctant to hurt him, sent a bombard of flies.

Naruto was forced to get out his knife, and slash at them. He then got an idea, and molded his chakra.

"SHADOW CLONE JUTSU!"

He did end up sparing the froggit.

A little after he got a phone ring. "Hello, this is toriel. For no reason, in particular which do you prefer? Butterscotch or cinnamon?" Raising an eyebrow at the out-of the-blue question, Naruto shrugged. "Er, they are both nice. I like them both"

'Oh I see, thank you very much" then she hung up. Shrugging, Naruto took one step before his phone buzzed again.

Trying not to yell in frustration he opened the phone again. "So, you like both?"

"I like both" Naruto agreed, through gritted teeth.

"Just checking!" Then she hangs up again!

Pouting in frustration, Naruto noticed a rock, pressure plate and spikes in the room.

Immediately figuring out the answer, he pushed against the rock, trying to make it go on the pressure plate.

But it is surprisingly heavy. Sweating already, Naruto frowned as he is filled with a new bout of determination.

He got down on his knee and pressed both palms against the rock. Pausing to take in a deep breath, he lurched forwards and pushed with all of his might.

The rock moved a little and Naruto's mouth gained a happy smile.

He pushed again, but it still wouldn't move. Gritting his teeth, he tried to focus into the strength he had gotten from determination.

He felt a rush, and his hands surrounded with red energy. He pushed the rock close to the pressure plate... Then the energy ran out.

Frustrated, Naruto pointed angrily at the rock.

To his shock, the rock glowed blue and moved into the pressure plate.

Lifting his hand up to his face he screamed.