Meant to be

Half editied (lol) by : verista
.
.
.
Happy reading! 😊

---

The camp was already dark. Only a few people left, including (Y/n), who planned to stay there for the next couple of months.

She loved times like this. No campers around, alone and peaceful. She didn't hate her friends, but sometimes she just needed these kinds of space.

It has always been the same thing she did every year since she was eight. Wondering around the woods, working on a research, or maybe doing simple things like drawing when she was bored.

She never found out who her mortal parents were, so she never had the reason to go what the other campers so called 'home'. She tried not to make a big deal about it- Camp Half-Blood was her home, she thought.

But then, everything didn't go quite the same after she had this weird-wouldn't-go-away feelings towards the son of Hades.

Some people called it love, some called it a crush.

She didn't know why, wether it was his misterious trait, or the way he was so distant from everybody else, or probably even his insecurities that he felt upon himself.

She saw him crying once, the rumors said because of his sister's death, but deep inside she knew there's more than that.

He never put trust on other people since Percy- that guy who no matter how she wanted to put all the blame on him, she could never do it. It wasn't her business anyway, none of it was her concern. Still-

"(Y/n)!"

Surprised, she dropped the book she was holding, before turning her head while fixing those annoying hair strands behind her ear.

"Annabeth?"

"Yeah," she said between breaths- because of the running, "Chiron needs you in the infirmary, somebody's gotten hurt."

"Who?"

"I don't know. It looks pretty bad though, you better hurry."

"Okay. Thanks, Annie." Annabeth scowled at the nickname, but didn't bother to correct them. She just nodded and went to the Athena cabin.

Bringing the forgotten book with her, (Y/n) ran to the infirmary.

When the door was opened, words were stuck in her throat. On the bed there was no one other than her crush, with a broken rib and nasty scars on his body- not that she was checking his body out.

"You're just going to stand there or what?" Nico said, breaking the tension between them.

"No, don't move, I'll get the bandages." (Y/n) finally replied.

"Where's Chiron?"

"I don't know. I thought he was with you?" she said as she took the supplies, and at the time she turned her body, Nico was already standing up.

"Where are-"

"I need to go. I'll be fine."

(Y/n) frowned. "No, you won't. Sit down. I'm going to sti-" she windened her eyes seeing her crush almost tripped. Fortunately, she had already gripped his hands and brought him back to the bed thanks to her good reflexes. "Shit, Nico. Be careful. You're just going to make this worse."

"I don't care."

Fed up with his reply, she shut her mouth and got down to work immidiately. She started stitching his wounds- despite him flinching and groaning a few times, she managed to bandage them silently.