Chapter 4 | Change

Charvi stepped outside her house and shut the door behind her. She could feel the cold breeze against her skin as she started walking to the park. She crossed the lonely road separating her from the park and reached out for her book in her bag. She looked at it, focusing on the careful details put into the cover. Like the swirls of gold that surrounded a fire-breathing dragon at the front of a maroon background. She continued to inspect the book's properties, interested and totally lost in the exciting thoughts that bounced around her head. She walked up the stairs but as she took the second last step, she was stopped. Her thoughts disappeared as the book flew from her hands and slid down the stairs until it stopped at the bottom. She had bumped into someone. This could end bad or very, very bad.. but it didn't. Instead of calling her a freak or any other nasty word, the figure walked down the stairs, grabbed the book and picked it up. Charvi took her eyes off the book to look at the figure before her. He was tall, had loose, short, curly dark brown hair, was fairly muscular and somehow had marine coloured eyes but dark enough to be mistaken for green. He looked up at her.

"I'm so sorry love." The boy's husky voice spoke. He looked at the book and smiled. " Wow, tales of the deadliest creatures, I remember when I read this. I loved it." He laughed. Charvi was surprised, like very surprised that this young man was interested in what she was. He walked back up the steps to her and gave it back to her, smiling at her. " R-really, you've read this?" Charvi stutters " No one l- likes what I read around here. He tilts his head slightly, taking in her features.

"Of course, that book is my favourite of all time. I love how.. " He trails off. "I'm not a spoiler, sorry." Charvi smiled at his words.

"You're defiantly new here, a-arent you?" Charvi queried quietly.

"What made it so obvious?" The boy smirked.

" You don't have to say much and I already know that you are not like anyone else in Ordinaire." She sighed, looked to the ground and continued. " You're like me."

"Who said that was a bad thing." He grinned.

"Thank you that's very nice of you to say." Charvi blushed to the lovely words used to compliment her for once. The boy smiled then spoke.

" You're insulted here aren't you? Different, unlike the others?" He asked seriously. Charvi raised her head to the truth coming out of his mouth.

" What's your name young man?" Charvi enquired, changing the subject. The boy knew what she was doing, but let her be.

"Uh its, Erris." He said quietly.

"Erris, mmh," Charvi raised her chin to his height."beautiful name."

"You think? Most people would run from me if they heard my name." Erris laughed. "What about you love? "

"I guess I'm a little different then, " Charvi winked. "And my name is Charvi."

"Wow that's a very universal name you have there. I like it." He simpered with a slight devil tone.

"Thank you very much Erris." Charvi mumbled.

"I must go but I do hope to see and talk to you again Charvi. It was lovely meeting you." Erris said

"And you Erris." Charvi smiled. Erris smiled and turned, going down the stairs. Once he go to the bottom he spoke.

" Hey and don't forget, magic is real." He winked and walked away.

Charvi smiled at his words. She had finally met someone like her. She couldn't be happier. This was the start of a new beginning and a friendship Charvi has been waiting for her whole life. She looked at the stairs and smiled.

"You've done me good you have."