Chapter 2 | A New Spell

Charvi woke up to the sound of owls settling to sleep and talking to each other. She slowly but surely got out of her comfy bed and threw herself downstairs. Without any energy whatsoever, she raised her right hand to release her black magic. It whizzed across the room hitting what Charvi pointed to, the fridge. It slowly opened and Charvi smiled, walking over to it to grab her lunch, a water bottle and a breakfast drink. As she began to walk off she released her finger, letting the magic be consumed by the air in the atmosphere and letting the fridge door close. The house was cold and everything was silent. Of course the skies were grey which made it feel just a little bit warmer inside her large house, but not much. As Charvi walked up the stairs to get changed she stuffed her lunch and water bottle into her grey backpack. She stepped into her room, while she faced the closet. Her closet was white and had two doors with a black handle on each one. Charvi once tried an extremely advanced spell which instead of making the closet disappear, she somehow managed to summon a monster into it, causing the big dent on the left door. Charvi lifted her right hand, leaving it open sending her black magic flying through the air and hitting  her closet. The doors swung open and a white long-sleeved t-shirt, jeans, socks and a pair of black sneakers shot to her hand like a magnet. As she turned with her back facing the closet, the door swung closed again with a quiet thud. Charvi changed and then returned downstairs for another fantastic day at school. Charvi sighed as she shut the door behind her. She didn't like leaving. The world outside was harsh to her. Sometimes its hard to say goodbye, especially when you have to say hello to something so cruel.

"Here we go again." Charvi breathed while she entered the barely-in-tack fence to school. She didn't notice or quite frankly care about anyone else in the small prison that is Aruar High. She quickly threw her bag in her cold, blue locker and grabbed her Spell book for period one and her Potion Mixing Essentials book for period two. 

She scurried to her usual seat at the very back left of the class and not long after, the class started. Miss Artris was a nice teacher, (well ish) young and full of energy. Charvi always wondered how she could manage to be so energetic at such an early time in the morning. 

"Alright class today we are going to be learning about.." Miss Artris trailed off. "No, we can't be, this is.. Wait one minute class. " She murmured while she ran outside to check with another teacher that we actually were learning what's set in the program. She runs back in.

"Okay sorry about that class, we are learning this today I believe." She clears her throat." Today we are learning the deadly Nitsuc spell. Uh this spell shouldn't really be learned at the age of 16 but uh anyway. This spell is the most dangerous spell of all time. It is known by any person with magic potential. The spell reverses any change to something and killing the person who changed it within the given time of 24 hours. Understanding so far?" The class nodded in fascination and fear while Chavi raised her hand.

"Yes Charvi" Miss Artris says with a hint of annoyance.

"Uh, does that include if an animal or person dies?" Charvi questioned.

"The death is reversed. Miss Artris affirmed to the class. "But is strictly prohibited to be used for that purpose let alone in general." She said glaring at Charvi. Charvi was fascinated but annoyed by the teachers snappiness to her innocent question. 

"I'm warning you all, " She boomed at the class. "This spell is dangerous, it has caused way too many deaths instead of saving deaths. You say the chant wrong. Dead, instantly. Its a long, hard chant and once the first two sentences are said, there is no going back. Don't mess with this spell alright? Is that clear to you all?"

 She continued the lesson, telling them the powerful chant while Charvi listened to every.. little.. bit.

Charvi held the chant in her hand as she slowly walked out of school and to her favourite place, the lovely yet abandoned park that was just across from her house. The park had a grass covered area covered with colourful flowers spread across it, a beautiful wooden bench with a tree that overhung it and a big white swing that also had a tree that overhung it. There was a flight of stairs leading from the path to the garden. Charvi found significance in the stairs for some reason, she sometimes just sits there instead of going into the park itself. She thought the stairs looked pretty. It sounds stupid but Charvi is grateful in the small / taken for granted things and saw that those stairs took her to where she wanted to be.

Charvi put the spell in her backpack after she studied the words carefully. She reached the stairs and smiled, walking up slowly and walking over to the bench. Charvi wanted to relax after another great day at school even though it was already almost dark out. The dark didn't change her daily routine of coming to that park after school. She laid on the bench and thought about that spell. She shut her eyes still thinking about it and not caring that she would probably fall asleep there. She did on many occasions. It didn't bother her. It's just her. It's not like anyone comes to the park anyway.