The Warning

Dear Diary,

Huey Freeman stared at me today, not a quick glance. In fact, it lasted for approximately 6 seconds, I counted. I was nervous. I felt butterflies flying in my stomach. My heart was beating like a ticking bomb ready to explode. I thought he was going to tell me that I was beautiful, and just maybe .. kiss me passionately. But unfortunately, he simply insulted me for wearing my hair straight and walked past me, Oh the irony. I just wish he would like, like me, or better yet, love me. Then we could be boyfriend and girlfriend, and be like the couples in movies, kissing in the rain, holding han-

"Yo, Jazzy D!" Cindy shouted, causing Jazmine to flinch.

"Jesus Christ, Cindy. You scared the living life out of me!" Jazmine exclaimed, grasping her chest and breathing heavy.

"My bad, what you was doing?"Cindy asked, raising her brow at her suspiciously.

"Oh! nothing, just working on my, my, homework" Jazmine said nervously, sitting her chemistry book on top of her pink fluffy diary.

Cindy looked at her in disbelief.

"Oh really?" Cindy said, walking closer to Jazmine.

"Then... what's this!" Cindy shouted, swiping the diary from underneath the book.

"Wait! No! Give that back!" Jazmine screamed, reaching for her diary, hoping that Cindy won't read it. She didn't want her bestie to discover the secret she had yet to reveal.

Cindy laughed at Jazmine who stood only 5'2, struggling to reach her diary that was held high. Jazmine tried to snatch it back from her grasp, but Cindy was 5'8 strong and fast with great defense skills, thanks to basketball.

"Give..it..back.. now!" Jazmine demanded, getting frustrated.

"Nope, not until I read it first" Cindy teased, as she scanned through the pages.

"Please Don't!" Jazmine begged as she cover her face in embarrassment.

Cindy smiled widely "Ha, ha! I knew you liked Afros!" she exclaimed.

She looked at Jazmine who buried her tomato face in her hands.

"Aww, Don't be ashamed gurl," Cindy said, wrapping her arm around Jazmine. "Everyone, but McHater' know you loove him" Cindy teased. " It's so obvious, and I know that boy is feeling you too"

"No way!" Jazmine shouted, walking up to her mirror stand. "Huey Freeman would never like a girl like me, I'm too weak," Jazmine said softly, looking at herself in the mirror.

Cindy rolled her eyes at her friend's insecurity.

"Gurl you tripping, You's a dime. All those niggas be checking for you, trust I know. I bet Huey be mad when Ian be tryna bag." Cindy mentioned, referring to the quarterback who constantly flirts with Jazmine.

"Nope, he wouldn't get upset over that, besides, he likes Penelope," Jazmine said with a hint of jealousy in her voice.

Cindy smacked her teeth loudly "Girl, bye! Penelope is nothing but his fuck buddy" she blurted out, then she quickly changed the subject. " But umm, you tryna mall tomorrow? "She asked.

Jazmine felt her heart boil at the thought of Penelope and Huey sleeping together. She remembered the feeling of heartbreak when she discovered it.

"Okay Jazmine, today is the day you're going to tell Huey how you truly feel," Jazmine said to herself as she shuts her locker. Beads of sweat dripped from her forehead as she spotted Huey Freeman a few lockers away. His face expression looked different today, he almost appeared as if he was in deep thought.