Prologue

"Mom I'm home!" I hear Skylar say as she walks into the kitchen, kissing my cheek. I give her a tired smile, my hair being all messed up. She just sadly smiles back.

''Hey mom, I know you're busy with the dishes right now, but could we talk?'' She asks, quietly.

''Yeah, sure.'' I say, dropping my work for now. I sit at the table across from my lovely daughter. ''What's on your mind?''

''Well, before I say anything, I want to say that I love you, so, so much.'' She murmers, sweet talking me. She usually does this when she has bad news or she wants something.

''Drop the act, what is it?'' I sigh, knowing how she can be. She blushes but continues,

''I have been talking to this boy for a while, and he asked me to be his girlfriend, so I said-'' She starts, but is cut off by me.

''-No Sky, you know how I am with you and boys. Don't sugar coat it, the answer will still be no.'' I say, ending the conversation, walking back to the dishes.

I start my work, but Skylar is right beside me, whining even though she's fourteen, she'll always be my baby. ''Please mom? Just hear me out!"

''No, Sky. That's the end of it. Finito. Period. Finish. Stop. Final. Do you not understand?'' I say sternly.

{ Hey everyone! Thank you for reading my fan fiction, if you'd like to join me on my journey, add this to your library! or reading list perhaps? ;) . Thank you for reading, It means a lot! You can see the castings on the side, sorry to the people who are reading this from their phones xo . Vote and comment please xx This is my first time doing everything in a present participle - if that's what you call it - so please don't be harsh on me if I make any mistakes. Thank you, enjoy your reading. }