"So um-"She shook out her head and grinned, "Is everything okay with your grades? You know with the teacher meeting?"

He nodded with assurance. "Yeah, I'm still pretty dang smart. I just wanted to meet with him to talk over a few things. And now, I want to walk you to first period. May I?"

The green eyed man held out his arm and she hastily intertwined hers through it. "You may."

GMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMW

He sat outside of the classroom and stared at his screensaver. The profile picture he took of her last night while she was working on homework. Her hair was up in a messy bun, and her fingertips were lightly touching her lips. She's so gorgeous, I still can't believe she's my girlfriend. How did I get so lucky? Alright man up Friar. You're doing this for Riley, you have to explain yourself.

"Mr. Matthews." Lucas poked his head through the open doorway and he gestured for the quarterback to enter while he was on the phone. He took his usual spot in the classroom while trying not to eavesdrop. Calm down Luke, he's Josh's dad. Yeah, but now he's your girlfriend's dad. I've known him forever this isn't a huge deal. Yeah it is. Alright, stupid conscience thanks for the reassurance.

"Mr. Friar." Cory spun around with a smile and sat in the desk in front of him. "What can I do for you? Is this about school?"

"No sir."

"Is this about a grade?" Lucas disagreed and was interrupted again before he could continue. "History?"

"No sir."

"Then we have nothing to discuss." Apparently he was still stubborn when it comes to his daughter. I mean, he chased me around the living room for saying Riley was beautiful.

Lucas lightly laughed, "But sir. I need to talk to you."

Cory noticeably gulped and gestured for him to continue. "As you know Riley agreed to be my girlfriend." His hands moved quickly waiting for an attack, or for him to pretend he was dying but surprisingly nothing happened. "Oh alright. Um anyways, I'm sure you've seen my record."

"Yes. I have recently pulled them up."

Shit. "Um, I just wanted to explain myself sir."

"You have nothing to explain to me Mr. Friar." Lucas' brows furrowed, his mind started reeling. Of course he does, of course he has things to explain. He got into a fight at least once a week, and that was if he was lucky. "I don't know what you think fighting will get you. I have no idea what you honestly think beating someone up will do, I don't know if it's a way of controlling a situation but, that isn't my business. I know you're better than that."

"Sir?" Wasn't I supposed to be talking? Just keep my mouth shut and maybe I'll get out of here without him faking a heart attack.

"My daughter is my business." The quarterback nodded with a grin. "I have known you as a student and I've known you as my son's best friend so I know 2 different Lucas Friar's. I talked to Riley last night about you and your record at this school." The gulp heard round the world ladies and gentleman! "I was worried that in an angry stupor you might hurt her."

His meadow eyes widened at his statement. "Sir I'd nev-"

"Easy." His hands were up in surrender, and gesturing for him to sit back down. I didn't even realize I had risen from my seat. God, the thought of me hurting Riley makes my insides hurt. Makes me want to throw up. "Riley assured me that you'd never even think about it." God she's amazing. "And I believe her, I can see how infatuated you are with my daughter. Everyone can see it."