•Pen Pals•

Self explanatory I guess.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Joe's POV

"Ha score!" cheered Oli as he shoved his phone in my face, eagerly showing me the photo of the Russian girl named Lara whom he got assigned to be pen pals with for an English assignment. According to him she was practically a model.

I pushed his phone out of my face as I pulled my phone out of my bag that was on the seat next to me as Oli went back to eating his lunch.

"I haven't checked my emails yet for a picture of my pen pal, some guy from South Africa, named Caspar or something." I said. The first part of the assignment was getting to know each other, what we look like, interests family. Random crap like that.

I looked over at Oli again whom was now trying to pose for a selfie, probably trying to impress the Russian model. My phone dinged and it was a message from Caspar. I'm so glad the teachers are letting this happen over text. The whole task of writing letters and waiting weeks for replies is rather pointless.

I'm about to find out what Caspar looks like when Oli wacks my arm.

"Mate do you mind?" he holds his phone out once more. Wanting me to take the photo of him.

"Mate I don't see why you are trying so hard. You will talk to her for three months, say what you have to say and then never talk again."

"But what if it isn't that Joe. What if we hit it off? What if a few weeks after its all done, she texts me saying she misses me and wants to keep talking."

I rolled my eyes so big as I went back to my phone I think I got whiplash.

" You'll see, at our wedding." Said Oli. " Just, fine what does Caspar look like? I'm sure knowing you, you will fall head over heels, just the same as any other guy who tells you, you dropped something." He laughs.

"Oh shut up Oliver! I'm looking now."

The snide look falls off my face as I click the photo attachment and see what Caspar looks like. He's tall, six foot three maybe more, blonde and might I add well fit. Bright blue eyes and a cheeky grin. His skin was perfectly tan, despite the fact that he lived in Africa; I wasn't really expecting that from someone named Caspar.

"So what do you rate him?" asks Oli, smugly as he notices my change of expression.

"Should I send back that photo of me at the beach from last week or is that to revealing for a first encounter, maybe the one from wills seventeenth where I wore that suit that made me look really buff."

The eye roll Oli gave me probably gave him whiplash as well.

***

So I thought that the very shallow approach I took to Caspar would wear off as soon as we began talking. That maybe he was really stupid or stuck up or had some weird hobbies that would turn me off him. But boy was I wrong. He was on the football team and was really passionate about it; some universities were even keeping a close eye on him because of it.

He also wasn't a bad student. He liked reading and we found a mutual interest in Harry Potter and photography. He helped charities and liked animals.

It sounds so cliché and stupid. No one can be that perfect but I didn't care.

There was also one thing I found particularly interesting about Caspar. We were just casually chatting one day and I happened to ask what his Instagram was. After he sent it to me, I was livid. Not only the fact that it meant that he maybe wanted to keep in touch after the assignment. Or he wanted another follower.

Off topic. Anyway I looked through his account and found that he was openly gay. Posts about LGBT+ events and rallies, his cheer up night with his friends after his boyfriend dumped him.

I found myself enjoying talking to him more and more every second and falling in love in the process. I was heart broken when the task was over.

Most people were glad to have it over with. Then there were people like Oli who what started long distant relationships.

I didn't know where I stood, not until three weeks later when Caspar texted saying that he hoped it was okay that he saved my number and wanted to video chat.

I flipped my shit to put it simply. I replied yes and he requested the chat. I accepted and now I'm waiting at the airport to pick up my boyfriend of six months who is visiting for the first time ever.

This is the first time Caspar and I have met in person and I'm so excited. We had video chatted most nights since we got together. We had even done some more then suggestive things over those calls but that's not the point. (A/n sorry not sorry innocent children)

I stand at the gate waiting with groups of families, friends and business associates of other flight goers who were on the same plane as Caspar.

I was holding a South African flag and a British flag and also some flowers for when we finally saw each other.

But as soon as I saw that familiar mop of hair above the rest of passengers I dropped everything. When Caspar made eye contact with me he sped up. Dropping his bag and running.

He picked me up in a massive hug as soon as we were close enough, spinning me around before he put me down, not letting go.

"Jojo! I cant believe this is actually happening!.. may I?" he said

" Of course" I replied before he closed the gap between our lips.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello Mucchacos, 

So it's been a while...

I'm sorry, I've been really invested in the book I'm writing.

Not gonna lie, you already don't expect much. it is me after all.

until a hopefully soon next time, Happy Reading.

-Sarah xX

Word count: 1032