Chapter Twenty-Seven

December

In December we decorated our tree.

Luke was very excited.

He had never celebrated Christmas in the way most people do. He would usually just go to Ashton's apartment where the older boy had half heartedly set up a Christmas tree and they would bake cookies then watch Elf. But this year, he was living with a wonderful boyfriend who wanted to give him the extravagant Christmas he never got to have, or at least hasn't had since he was ten.

And that is why the two are standing in a lumber yard, staring at rows of fresh green trees. Luke was wrapped tightly in two pairs of leggings, a sweat with a jacket over and one of Michaels coats that went down to his knees, a pair of gloves, and a beanie. The blonde was radiating excitement, bouncing on his toes as he looked at all of the large Christmas trees.

"Alright we can't get one too big because the truck isn't that big. Ready princess?"
Michael asked. Luke nodded eagerly, looking around as Michael led him through rows upon rows of trees. None appealed to Luke, he needed to find one that he knew would be perfect for him  and Michael. He needed a tree that would radiate beauty in their living room with all of the lights and ornaments.

Then Luke saw it.

A tall tree with beautiful thick branches that were covered in pretty pine needles. Luke nodded, running towards the tree to stand in front of it. He brushes his fingertips over the pine needles, a bright smile forming on his lips. Michael walked up to Luke, wrapping his arms around the blonde boys waist.

"Found a tree?"
Michael asked.

"Yes. It's perfect"
Luke stated, nodding his head as he turned to Michael. Seeing the love and excitement in Luke's eyes was all Michael needed to gesture one of the workers over to help get their tree tied to the roof of the truck. When everything was secure, Michael helped Luke back into the truck so they could go home.

When they arrived back to the apartment, Michael lugged the tree up the stairs, refusing to let Luke lift even one finger. It took him two hours, but Michael finally got the tree in place in their living room- after almost falling down the stairs multiple times. His shoulders and cheeks were irritated from the pine needles but he was proud that he got his sweethearts tree into place.

"That look good?"
Michael asked the blonde who had shed all of his warm clothes and changed into a large tee shirt and a pair of pretty pink panties. Luke smiled wide, walking in front of the tree to touch the fresh, green pine needles.

"It looks perfect Mikey!"
Luke beamed, throwing himself into Michaels arms. Michael smiled, wrapping his arms around Luke's waist.

"There's some ornaments buried
in the hall closet. Wanna make
coco while I find them?"
Michael asked.

"Sure"
Luke pulled away, kissing Michaels lips softly before heading towards the kitchen. Michael smiled as he watched Luke's hips sway, his heart fluttered knowing that Luke was his. The colorful haired boy walked down the hall and opened the closet, huffing at the sight of the mess. Michael pushed past loose jackets and random boxes until he came across the large plastic plastic box filled with different colored ornaments. Michael lugged the heavy box to the living room just as Luke was walking in with two mugs of hot coco.

"Found em'?"
Luke asked as he set the mugs on the coffee table. Michael nodded, setting the container on the couch and opening the lid.

"Ready?"
Michael asked with a smile.

"Ready"
Luke beamed as he started looking through the ornaments. Michael turned the stereo on, playing Ed Sheeran because he knew Luke's loved his music. The blonde hummed happily as Michael wrapped his arms around his waist. Luke smiled wide as he lifted a string of white lights from the box. Michael helped him untangle them before they were wrapping it around the tree, doing the same with another string.

"Mikey"
Luke grabbed Michaels attention as the two started putting little ornaments on the tree.

"Yes, sweetheart?"
Michael asked.

"Thank you"
Luke said, stopping what he was doing so he could look at Michael. The older boy finished what he was doing before looking over at Luke.

"For what, baby?"
Michael asked, placing his hands on Luke's hips and gently pulling the boy closer. Luke placed his hands on Michaels shoulders, running his thumb in circles.

"For all of this. I haven't had a really Christmas in a really long time and now I'm drinking hot coco and decorating a tree that I picked out with an amazing guy who I love. I couldn't ask for more, thank you"
Luke explained in a delicate whisper. Michael smiled, leaning down to press a soft kiss to Luke's lips.

"I love you too sweetheart. I wouldn't want to spend my time any other way"
Michael replied. He gently swayed to the music, guiding Luke's hips to the gentle beat of kiss me. Luke leaned his head against Michaels chest as they slowly danced in the living room.

"Wait"
Michael suddenly pulled away from Luke and bent down beside the tree. Luke watched with furrowed eyebrows, his lips curving in a wide smile when the lights on the tree lit up, giving a gentle, warm glow to the room. Michael gently grabbed Luke's hips again, smiling small as he placed a kiss to Luke's forehead. Luke blushed, swaying in time with the music as he wrapped his arms around Michaels shoulders.

"I love you, sweetheart"
Michael whispered. Luke's eyes fluttered shut as a warm smile etched onto his lips.

"I love you too Mikey"