Chapter Thirty-Three

•March•

In march we got away

Luke had his legs pressed against his chest, his sweater clad arms wrapped around them as he laid his head on the car window. Michael smiled, flickering his eyes from the dirt road to Luke's sleeping body. Oh Wonder played on a low setting, Luke had fallen asleep listening to white blood only two hours prior, Michael had turned the volume down when he was sure Luke wouldn't wake up. After everything that had happened, Michael thought it would be a good idea to get Luke away from everything for a while. They had been staying at Ashton's while Luke got back on his feet and Michael secretly looked for another apartment. When the boy started walking without any discomfort, Michael knew it was time to whisk the blonde away from reality for a while.

They had been driving for five hours and Michael was ecstatic that they only had another five minutes to go. The blue haired boy drove in the early evening, his window rolled down just enough for the warm breeze to flow through the car. The skyline hadn't started to change colors just yet and Michael was glad for that, he wanted to wrap Luke in a blanket on the balcony of the cabin and watch the colors of the sky change together.

A large, uncontrollably goofy smile formed on Michaels face as he pulled into the small driveway of the cabin;

Michael quietly got out of the car, softly shutting the door and opening the trunk. The blue haired boy grabbed the suitcase that held both of their clothes and lugged it up the small steps and set it down in front of the door. He dug around in his pocket and pulled out the key to the door, unlocking it quickly and setting the suitcase inside. Michael walked back to the car, slowly opening Luke's door in case the blonde was still leaning against it. The older boy successfully opened the door, squatting down so he was closer.

"Sweetheart, wake up. Baby we're here" Michael softly said. Luke stirred, his blue orbs becoming exposed as his eyes fluttered open. The blonde looked confused for a moment before his eyes landed upon Michael and a wide smile formed on his lips.

"We're here"
Michael smiled back. Luke looked in front of them, his eyes widening as a wide smile took over his soft pink lips. Michael watched as Luke's eyes lit up, slick with sleep and excitement.

They were both looking at something truly breathtaking.

"Come on. Let's go inside"
Michael said, slipping his arms under Luke's body and sliding the boy out of the car, holding him bridal style. Luke gasped, wrapping his arms tightly around Michaels shoulders in fear he would fall. Then he giggled as Michael spun him around. Luke allowed Michael to carry him up the small stairs and into the cabin. The blue haired boy kicked the door shut, locking it tightly.

"Alright, go change into something comfortable and I'll make cocoa"
Michael said. The blonde nodded, taking the handle of the suitcase and wheeling it towards the bedroom. Luke's mouth gaped open as he entered the bedroom, it was simple yet beautifully breathtaking. Two large stacked mattresses laid in the middle of the room against the large window, covered in a blue comforter. A circular ring hung from the ceiling, pretty white curtain like material hanging from from it and running along to stay in place on little hooks beside the window.

 A pair of arms wrapped themselves around Luke's waist, Michaels chin landed upon the blondes shoulder

"Do you like it?"
Michael asks. Luke turned himself around in Michaels arms, wrapping his own skinny arms around his boyfriends shoulders.

"I love it Mikey. I love you"
Luke says, pressing his nose against Michaels cheek, his cheeks flush even though he's said those three words hundreds of time in last six months. Michael smiled, nudging his cheek gently against Luke's.

"I love you too, sweetheart"
Michael said, pulling back a bit and pressing his lips against the blondes. Luke sighed into Michaels mouth, moving his lips against Michaels slowly. They pulled away slowly. smiling at each other softly.

"I'm gonna go finish the cocoa"
Michael said, kissing Luke's lips once more before heading off towards the kitchen, leaving Luke to change.