Chapter Fifteen

April

I learned your birthday and immediately started planning.

"M&Ms or Swedish Fish?"
Michael asked Luke, his arms wrapped around the blondes waist from behind. Luke made a thoughtful expression before realizing the red gummies were the same ones Michael had given him. So the blonde excitedly pointed to the red gummy candy.

"One Swedish fish and a large soda" Michael said to the cashier, pulling out his wallet and paying for the items. Luke held his candy as Michael held the soda, their free hands entwined as they made their way over to the theatre where Calum and Ashton were waiting.

Luke was very excited, seeing as they were about to watch Hotel Transylvania 2. Michael led the two towards the middle isle where Calum and Ashton were already sitting down with a small bucket of popcorn. Luke sat beside Calum and Michael sat beside Luke.

Seconds into the movie, Luke was pushing the arm rest up and scooting towards Michael. The blue haired boy smiled small, wrapping his arm around the boys shoulders and bringing him closer. Luke laid his head on Michaels chest, bringing his legs underneath his body and setting his candy on his lap.

Calum looked over from where he was cuddling into Ashton's side, watching as Michael brushed his fingertips up and down Luke's arm, in response the blonde cuddling more into his side. Calum smiled to himself, removing his eyes from his blonde best friend and the pale boy and turned back to Ashton, tucking himself into the older boys side. Ashton kissed Calum's forehead, wrapping an arm around him.

Michael smiled every time Luke giggled at the screen, slightly high pitched and a bit rough. The movie was okay, well to Luke it was the best movie of all time. The boy would giggle every five seconds or stuff his face in Michaels chest when he tried to stop giggling. The movie wasn't even that funny, but the small comments that Michael would whisper in Luke's ear made the boy giggle. Once the movie was over, Luke stuffed the rest of his candy in his mouth and climbed onto Michaels back, wrapping his arms and legs around the boy as he finished his candy. Ashton and Calum followed the two out of the theatre, standing with them outside as Michael helped a jacket over Luke's maroon sweater. Luke grunted softly, allowing Michael to zip the jacket. The blue haired boy kissed Luke's cheek, smiling at the giggle Luke produced.

"M'hungry"
Luke mumbled, pulling the sleeves
of the jacket over his hands.

"What do you want to eat?"
Michael asked, chuckling at the thoughtful expression that came over Luke's face.

"I want chili fries"
Luke declared.

"Then chili fries we shall get"
Michael exclaimed, gripping the blondes thigh gently and hoisting him up. Luke giggled, wrapping himself around Michael as the older boy walked towards Calum and Ashton.

"We're going to get chili fries,
you guys wanna come with us?"
Michael asked, both boys nodded then followed Michael to his car. Michael placed Luke in the passenger seat, kissing his cheek before closing his door and jogging around to the drivers seat. Ashton and Calum sat themselves in the back as Michael started driving.

"So Michael, what do you do?"
Calum asked, sitting up in his seat so he was between Luke and Michael. The blonde and Ashton both looked at Michael, seeing as they didn't know either.

"I'm a male stripper"
Michael said nonchalantly.

"What?"
All three boys said in unison.
Michael only chuckled.

"I'm joking. I work for my mum. She's
a realtor so before she shows a house
I go in and make sure it's all clean and presentable. She pays me well so I have a lot of money saved. I've been doing it since I was sixteen so it's pretty easy"
Michael shrugged.

"Wow. I was expecting a cashier, maybe a clown for children, but not that"
Calum chuckled, sitting back in his seat. Ashton slapped his boyfriends arm, giving him a pointed look.

"So Michael, do you have any
plans for Luke's birthday?"
Ashton asked.

"Ashton!"
Luke exclaimed, looking back at Ashton in annoyance. The older boy furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. Michael looked over at Luke, mirroring Ashton's confused expression.

"When's you're birthday?"
Michael asked.

"June 16"
Luke mumbled, looking down at his fingers.

"Luke, why didn't you want me to know?" Michael asked, looking back at the road. He could see Luke shrug out of the corner of his eye.

"You've done so much for me already and I didn't want to bother you with something so dumb. I'm never really in the mood to celebrate it anyways"
Luke said.

"Baby, your birthday is not dumb and we are celebrating. You're turning 17, right?"
Michael asked softly.

"Mhmm"
Luke hummed a response.

"Alright. I might have work that day but if I do I'll be home around 6, be ready okay?"
Michael said. Ashton and Calum smiled from the backseat, linking hands as thy watched Luke blush.

"For what?"
The blonde asked.

"That's for me to know and for
you to find out, sweetheart"