Chapter Twenty

August

In August you danced for me.

"When I'm nervous. I have this thing, yeah I talk too much. Sometimes I just can't shut the hell up its like I need to tell someone anyone who will listen and that's where I seem to mess up"

Music played loudly from Michaels apartment as the boy walked towards it. He furrowed his eyebrows as he unlocked the door, quietly stepping inside and closing the door. He set his papers down, heading towards the living room. His small blonde boyfriend was clad in the light grey shorts and the pink shirt that he had bought him, his bare feet soft against the wooden floorboards. His mind completely focused on what he was doing as he gracefully moved around the living room, where he had pushed all of the furniture into the kitchen besides the tv.

His body moved the way he wanted it to, his mind beautifully in sync with it as he danced. He made clean, graceful circles then fell into the splits, stretching them out as he sat up and made a circle on the floor. Michael watched in complete amazement as the blonde moved around the small living room, spinning and moving like he had all the space in the world.

But Michael noticed the small ounce of hesitation in each of Luke's steps, afraid of falling or hitting something. Luke made a move of waving his arms before turning around and attempting to do a jump split. The blonde landed funny, falling on his bum with a frustrated scream, burying his face in his knees. Michael walked over and turned off the stereo, causing Luke to pop his head up and turn to Michael. His cheeks blazed red as he turned his body to face Michael.

"You didn't see that, right?"
Luke asked as Michael sat on
the floor beside him.

"I did. That was incredible, sweetheart" Michael praised, sliding his arms under the blonde and pulling his small body onto his lap.

"Up until I landed on my bum"
Luke pointed out, his voice laced with disappointment in himself. Michael gently tilted Luke's chin until the blonde was facing him, he gave his boyfriend a warm smile and a small kiss to the nose.

"You can't hesitate like that. You need to know that you can do it"
Michael said.

"What if I can't do it?"
Luke asked, frowning as he avoided eye contact with the older boy.

"You can. If you really want to,
then you can. I believe in you babe,
you just have to believe in yourself. Your dancing is incredible and if you want to
do an- air, split, kicky thingy, then do it"
Michael encouraged, rubbing his hand along the blondes thigh.  Luke smiled, kissing Michael gently.

"Thank you Mikey"
Luke whispered, wrapping his arms around Michaels shoulders, resting his head against the boys shoulder. Michael ran his fingers through Luke's hair, gently scratching at the boys scalp. Luke sighed out in content, closing his eyes as Michael held him.

"Can you show me your dance?"
Michael asked with a hopeful smile. Luke looked up with a hesitant expression.

"Come on baby, show me"
Michael encouraged, giving Luke's thigh a soft tap. Luke muttered a response before instructing Michael to the doorway of the living room. Luke took a small sip of water as he pressed rewind on the stereo.

The small boy pressed play, standing where he wanted to. Michael watched as Luke stretched his leg up, moving his arms before dropping to the floor and rolling his neck in a circle. Michael watched the boy move gracefully, a smile planted upon his lips as he watched his beautiful boyfriend dance beautifully and gracefully.

Luke landed his jump splits, smiling when he did. The boy danced with a racing heart beat, finishing every move then completing the dance with his hands planted on the warm glass of the window. Michael clapped his hands, running up to the blonde and picking him up, twirling him around in circles as the small boy giggled.

"That was amazing sweetheart. Did you come up with the dance yourself?"
Michael asked. Luke nodded his head with a proud smile.

"You're so talented baby.
I'm so proud of you"
Michael praised. Luke beamed, his body practically radiating happiness because someone is proud of him. Luke circled his arms around Michaels neck and connected their lips, moving them slowly and sweetly.

"Thank you Mikey"
Luke said once they pulled
away from each other.

"No. Thank you sweetheart.
Thank you for showing me your
dance and thank you for being mine"
Michael whispered softly. Luke blushed, leaning his head against Michaels chest.

Luke was hesitant.

He was scared.

But Mikey said he shouldn't be.

So he said it.

"I love you, Mikey"

Michael was shocked.

He was taken by surprise.

But he was ready.

So he said it back.

"I love you too, Sweetheart"