Chapter 14 - Disaster

"Peyton, why did you want me to show you the upstairs?" I questioned her, walking into her mum's room briefly to show her what room it was.

"I wanted to talk to you. I really like you, Luke. You're amazing. I know why I chose you as my boyfriend. You're everything I could ask for," she smiled as she looked at me.

"Are you being serious?" I asked with a huge smile.

"Yes, I am. You're the greatest, Luke," she hummed in my ear as she set down her head on my shoulder.

"Well, Peyton, you mean so much to me. With us being together for over three years now.. I just can't believe how much we've changed, together," I looked at her with her head on my shoulder, and she looked back up at me. She took her head off of my shoulder.

"I know you may be feeling like you're starting all over with me, Luke, but once I get my memory back, I really don't want it to be that way. Please don't let us start over, Luke.."

"Peyton, you may never get your memory back. It could be up to six months until you get it back. We don't know that; we aren't sure if you'll get your memory back."

"I'm sorry," she sighed, "I know I caused all of this."

"Don't blame yourself, Peyt. I love you no matter what. I know you're still warming up to me and you think you just met the other day, but I wanted you to know that I love you," I put my hand on hers.

"I know you love me," she nodded, then leaned in. Unsure, I slightly moved towards her. She got closer and locked her lips with mine. I'd missed that so much.

"Now, Luke, to me.. That was my first kiss," she smiled and giggled.

"I know," I nodded, and I couldn't wipe the smile off of my face. Even when she wasn't trying, she made me happy. Peyton didn't remember me, yet I still loved her. I didn't really care that she didn't remember me; I knew we'd make new memories together even if she never remembers our other memories.

"Luke.. I don't want to never remember you," she bit her lip, worried. Soon, I saw a tear slowly walking down her cheek.

"Peyton..." I wrapped my arms around her and pushed her head into my chest, letting her cry onto me. "Don't worry about that."

"But what if I don't ever remember how we first met? What about our first date? The first time we had sex? I can't remember a lot of my firsts. I don't know why this happened," she cried, "why do bad things like this happen?"

"Babe, we'll be alright. I won't mind if you can't remember our first date or the first time we met. What matters is that you get better, okay?" I rubbed her back, telling her to cry as much as she wanted to.

"I don't remember anything.. and I'm crying.. I'm such a disaster," she sighed and continued to cry.

"Peyt, Peyt.. Hey," I pulled her away from me for a second, "Peyt, look at me. Look at me." She wouldn't look up at me, so I pulled her chin up so she'd look at my face and so I could see hers.

"Luke, no..." She sniffed and tried to look away.

"Peyton Claire," I turned her head towards mine, "you are not a disaster. It's not your fault that you can't remember; its that drunkard's. I don't blame you for crying because I bet it's hard for you not being able to remember everything. Just don't call yourself a disaster. You're not a disaster."

"I'm sorry," she apologized. I leaned in to kiss her, but she turned away from me and put her hand up to my face.

"I just want some time alone right now. Thanks for everything, Luke.." She sighed and began to walk towards Paisely's room.

"Peyt, that's Paisley's room. This room right here is yours," I pointed behind me to my left. She nodded and walked past me and to her room. I heard her walk in, slowly shut the door, and flop onto the bed.

I sighed and slowly went down the staircase. Paisley and Linda were in the kitchen, so I made my way there.

"Where's Peyton?" Linda wondered.

"We were talking in the hall, and she told me she wanted some time alone. She probably just needs time to take in everything. We've told her and shown her a lot today," I informed them.

"Yeah, I understand," Linda nodded, "so how do you think she's doing? Do you think she's understanding everything?"

"Well, she doesn't really remember where anything is, but she is taking in a lot of information probably because her memory is gone and she's able to contain more of this that she's learning," I smiled at them. Paisley chuckled a little. I sighed, thinking of how frustrating it must be for Peyton to have to go through that.