Chapter 2 - Mall

I tried many things to get my mind off of Luke for the next few days. It really worked because I was either doing something and distracting myself from Luke or talking to him on Skype. I was actually happy now.

The first few days were over, which I knew were the worst. I was glad I didn't have to spend the whole time like the first few days. I was then accepting the fact that Luke would be away for a month or so at a time, even up to three months for the North American leg. I would make it through, however. I just really wanted to cuddle Luke.

I was talking to him on Skype one day, about a week and a few days after he left. I couldn't wipe the smile off his face when he listened to me telling him all of the things I did to get him off of my mind. It was so cute; looking at him for about five seconds, then looking away for a millisecond only to return to staring at him. He bit his lip and smiled at me. We could have conversations just with facial expressions. That was another reason why I loved him more than anyone else.

"So what are you guys doing today?" I asked. It was a Sunday, February 21. I knew he didn't have a concert that night, so I wondered what they would be doing.

"We just left Osaka last night. We're in Tokyo now. It's so cool here. I wish you could come," he pouted.

"I know. I wish I could be there too, but I know management would never allow that. They would make me leave immediately."

"Yeah. I'm sorry about that," he apologized for something that wasn't his fault. I didn't know why he was apologizing, however. He knew I understood why.

"Luke, don't worry about it. You're not the reason I can't come on tour with you. It's management's fault. I'm glad we can work out a long-distance relationship, though," I smiled, "without Skype, we probably wouldn't still be together."

"As much as I hate to admit it, it's probably true," he nodded.

"I'm glad we have Skype, then," I laughed, and he followed.

We talked for a while after that before Luke had to go be with the other boys.

"Bye babe," Luke smiled, "I love you, Peyton Claire Gray." He blew me a kiss.

"I love you too, Luke Robert Hemmings," I blew a kiss back, then ended the Skype call. I sighed and closed my computer.

I laid back on my bed. Right as I laid down, my mum yelled for me to come downstairs. I let out an, "ugh.." before standing up.

I walked out of my room and down the stairs towards the front door where mum was standing with one of my best friends, Maria. I smiled at her.

"Hey Maria," I grinned, "what are you doing here?"

"I was wondering if you wanted to go out with me and some others? We're going to the mall, maybe some other places," she shrugged and pointed outside where there were some people waiting in the car. A few of them, I recognized. A few, I didn't.

"Okay," I nodded, "just let me get my bag and my jacket. It's starting to get a little cool out."

"It is. I'll be out here, yeah?"

"Okay. I'll be there in a minute," I promised her, running back up to my room to grab my bag and my wallet. I picked my jacket up and slung it on my arm before striding towards the door.

I yelled goodbye to my mum then exited the house. I smiled at the people I knew in the car, and they smiled back. The others did too, but they still didn't know me. We were soon introduced to each other.

"This is Kasen, Eli, and Xavier. You already know Grayson, Livi, and Daylynn," Maria introduced me, "I know you haven't met Eli yet.. We're together, and I've told you a lot about him."

"Yeah. Hi, it's nice to meet you," I smiled at Eli. I then found out that Grayson and Livi were dating, and Daylynn and Xavier were dating. I was the only one there who didn't have a boyfriend with me, even though Kasen was there alone.

I ended up sitting beside Kasen in the back of Maria's mum's van. It was a little uncomfortable because I figured he thought I was single. I wasn't, and I needed him to know that.

"You look nice in that shirt. It looks pretty on you, even though you're pretty anyways," he smiled at me.

"Uh, thanks.." I awkwardly thanked him before telling him, "I, um.. I do have a boyfriend. I'm sorry.."

"Oh, that's cool," he shrugged, nodded, and looked away from me for a minute before looking back at me, "what's his name?"

"Luke.. Luke Hemmings," I told him. I wasn't sure if he'd know him or not.

"Oh! From 5 Seconds of Summer, right?" He questioned, and I nodded in response.

"Cool. They're not in Sydney right now, are they? Aren't they on tour?" He wondered.

"Yeah, they are. Until mid-March, then they'll be home for a little break. Then he'll be away for a long while again."

"I bet that's hard.."

"It is at times. I just distract myself from thinking about him, like what I'll try to do tonight."

"I'm sorry I'm asking questions about him, then. I- I didn't mean to make you talk about him.." He apologized.

"No, it's okay. I don't mind," I shrugged. Most of the rest of the way to the mall, we were quiet.

I had a great time and I actually forgot about Luke for a night.

Kasen seemed to be trying to be close to me the whole night. At first I thought he was just being a friend, but it seemed like more than that. I was getting worried. What did he want from me? He seemed to understand that I have a boyfriend, and he seemed to be okay with it. Maybe he wasn't.