Prologue

February 17, 2016

"I'll miss you, Peyton.." Luke whispered in my ear after we heard the call for his flight. He was going on tour and would be away for a while.

"Skype me every day?" I smiled up at him because he was taller than me.

"Definitely," he nodded, kissing my nose. He grabbed my cheeks and kissed my lips for a few seconds before pulling away and leaving with the other boys. I heard the rolling of his suitcase as he walked away from me.

Luke and I had been dating for about three years, so I had been in Australia while he went on each of his tours. We got together right before he went on the Take Me Home Tour with One Direction in 2013. I was used to him being away. Skype kept us together.

Luke would be coming home mid-March for a break. He always came home to be with me during his breaks. He wanted to see his family, too, but we always spent a lot of time together.

I didn't know that the next break would be any different. Mid-March seemed to be quite a little while away, about a month. I knew could handle it, though. I just needed to Skype Luke every day. That way, I'd be able to see him every day, at least the days I Skyped him.

~

Add me on snapchat! @irwinxx5sos