"Well you beat me there." I grumbled knowing she'd topped me there. "But that was just one night though. You're making me live with some stranger for two months. Why can't he rent some cabin somewhere else if he needs peace and solitude so much?"

"He's had a bad experience in the past." Doris confessed. Judging from how uneasy she now looked, it seemed that it wasn't information that was supposed to be shared with me. "He's not so easily comfortable with extremely solitude spaces. That's why this is the perfect arrangement for him."

I bit my lip "Still not so sure....."

She sighed "Ok look. If you let him stay here, I'll pay you five hundred bucks."

"Make it seven hundred." I said automatically.

My sister glared hard enough to open a hole through me. Still I shrugged like I was unaffected "It is for two months like you said. Not an easy gig to handle if I'm supposed to be babysitting a famous writer who's probably a douche."

Doris placed her hand on her forehead which was her habit when contemplating a difficult situation "Ok fine. I'll give you $1000."

"$2000." I said without missing a beat. I didn't really need the money but I was surely going to get some sort of reward from this if my sister insisted on barging right into me with a ridiculous request before I could even unpack my clothes.

"Where did you learn how to be such a wiseass?" She asked incredulously.

I blew my fingers pretending to wipe them on my shirt "I learned from the best sis."

Doris sighed "Ok fine. I'll give you $2000. No more and no less."

"Got yourself a deal." I said with a wide smile leaning against the couch.

"Right. Now walk me out douche." She said grabbing her large designer purse.

"I'm gonna be late for a meeting."
I grinned "Ladies first."

Doris and I were like two peas in a pod; close enough to grudgingly admit we shared some semblance of sibling love but cool enough to deny it most times. Even when she made me do crazy things for her benefit, I still loved and respected her.

"You going to see Mom and Dad any time this year?" I asked as we walked to her parked rental. I wanted to see how she would answer me especially since our parents lived exactly 20 km away from where we currently were.

She shrugged "Maybe, maybe not. Mom called me a little while before I came to see you so it is more than likely."

"Well I am going to enjoy the first few days of peace before Mom comes barging in with homemade snicker doodles as usual." I snickered.

I loved my parents, but they honestly did not understand the meaning of solitude. They'd just keep popping around until you literally have to ban them from coming.

"Thanks so much for agreeing to host my client again." She thanked sincerely.

I shrugged "As long as I don't end up regretting it, it's fine." I truly hoped that nothing would go wrong and that taking my sister's money would be worth.

Doris clasped her hands together in an excited manner "You won't I swear! I'll call you later to let you know exactly when he'll be arriving."

"Alright." I mumbled hugging my sister before she hopped into her swanky rental car and sped off. I watched her car move further and further down the open road until it finally disappeared.

I didn't go back inside the house immediately.

I stood outside taking in the cool breeze against my skin and inhaling air that was actually fresh and not tainted with industrial smoke and chemicals as was the case back in New York.

Despite the fact that it was probably not environmentally friendly, I enjoyed living in the city. It was large, anonymous and every day was one big adventure to me.

But despite that, I still needed the sanctity of the town where I grew up to function. It was great living in the city, but it was even better to pack up each summer to come live in Hearst Woods every year.

A little order, a little chaos.

That was exactly how I liked it.

Despite Doris deciding to bring her work home, maybe nothing would change this year. I would still have the sanctity of my quiet haven.

At least that's what I hoped.

I turned back into the cabin to unpack my things and clean up a little before my solitude would be rocked in a few hours.

First chapter is up and I'm excited for this. Are you excited? It's short but meh.