#6 Droideka

Also known as Destroyer Droids, or "Rollies" in clone slang, the Droideka was a super soldier created by the Colicoid Creation Nest. With dual laser cannons on each arm, Droidekas had immense firepower. They could also modulate into rolling mode, traveling at speeds up to 75kph (46.6mph). Most Droideka models also had a shield generator, which could absorb blaster shots and lightsaber slashes, but absorbed slow or stationary physical objects. Droidekas could even force Jedi Knights to fall back or stop advancement until heavier weaponry could be brought to bear.

They had 3 glowing red photoreceptors and a bronze armoured shell. When not in rolling position, they stood on a tripod, or three claws stood 1.83m (6ft) high and weighed 75kg (165.347lb).

A good counter to the Droideka was to slowly roll explosives or EMP grenades through the shield and under the Droideka, disabling it. Another flaw of the Droideka was that it was blind from behind, allowing enemies to take them out from behind when distracted.

Different versions used by the CIS include:
-P-Series Droideka: used in the invasion of Naboo, 32 BBY (Before Battle of Yavin)
-W-Series Droideka: used during the Battle of Geonosis, 22 BBY. Had bigger blasters but used shields less often due to energy consumption.
-Q-Series Droideka: used in the battle of Coruscant (onboard the flagship Invisible Hand), 19 BBY. Had more firepower and energy supply.

They cost 21,000 credits apiece.

Canon Film Appearances:
-Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
-Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
-Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
-Star Wars: The Clone Wars (Film)
-Star Wars: Rebels

Canon or Legends?: Canon