#62 BL-Series Battle Legionnaire Droid

The BL-Series Battle Legionnaire Droid was a battle droid series designed by the Mandalorian Fenn Shysa. With design in similarity to the 3PO-Series Protocol Droid, it was manufactured by Baktoid Combat Automata for the Mandalorian organization the Mandalorian Protectors. Though only produced in a 1,000-unit battalion, they were very powerful, armed with AAP-11 blaster boxes on their chests and could lift thousands of kilograms thanks to their military grade joints. They were 1.7m (5ft 7in) tall.

They could run 30 kph for 1 day straight before needing a recharge. they were green with gold and blue markings. They had two golden photoreceptors. They could also utilize hand-held blasters.

These droids sometimes used the Mandalorian war vehicle the battle harness,leaving them with an arsenal of weapons at their disposal, including laser cannons, a heavy laser cannon, a sonic-pulverising trip hammer, and a claw arm. They proved to be efficient front-line fighters in the Mandalorian campaigns on Kamino and New Bornalex, but both Mandalorians and battle legionnaires were all almost destroyed from an ambush by the Ailon Nova Guard and the Jedi when going to Norval II to capture Senator Padmé Amidala. This, of course, was a trap set by Darth Sidious posing as Chancellor Palpatine when he betrayed the Mandalorian Protectors.

Canon Film Appearances: N/A

Canon or Legends?: Legends