#3 BX-Series Droid Commando

Manufactured by Baktoid Combat Automata, Droid Commandos were elite battle droids and were often deployed for special missions. These droids far outmatched the B1 and B2 models, as well as ordinary Republic clone forces. These droids had infiltration software. They were faster and stronger, and their high armor could sustain multiple blaster shots. They were quick and agile, dodging blaster shots and climbing walls. They were also programmed for close-combat.

Commandos resembled the B1 Battle Droid, but with a smaller head, with them being 1.91m (6ft 3in) tall, with the addition of glowing white photoreceptors, although some had black photoreceptors like their B1 cousins. Their design allowed them to fit in clone armor, and was capable of modulating their voices to imitate others, but could not accurately copy their mannerisms or vocabulary, nor could they respond to unexpected situations with speech. Most commonly they had mainly a dark brown colouration but they could also be seen with other colours and designs. Captains had white markings on their brow and chest.

They were equipped with E-5 Blaster Rifles, V-1 Thermal Detonators, and a stun baton. Most often the captain had a vibrosword, but they were used by regular units as well. Sometimes they used personnel shields. They also had fusioncutters to slice through doors and objects. Some used RPS-6 Rocket Launchers. Their only drawback was that they were far more expensive to produce than the B1 or B2, and were only used for special missions. They could ride STAPs.

A team of BX Droid Commandos disguised their landing pods as meteors and secretly landed on the Republic outpost on the Rishi Moon. The team took out the majority of the stationed clones and hot-wired the station's all-clear signal, which would allow the Separatist fleet to travel to Kamino undetected. The surviving clones, Commander Cody, Captain Rex, Hevy, Fives, and Echo, managed to take out the Droid Commandos and destroy the outpost, clearing the all clear signal and making way for Republic reinforcements, and thus stopping the Separatist invasion.

Canon Film Appearances:
-Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Canon or Legends?: Canon