#2 B2 Super Battle Droid

The B2 was a step-up of the B1, with a fully-automatic dual laser cannon built in each arm, and with arcetron armour protecting them and allowing them to withstand multiple blaster shots before fully deactivating. These droids were bigger, heavier, and slower than the B1. The colour was usually a silver-grey. They had one curved, black photorecptor (although they are illustrated with two white photoreceptors in Star Wars: The Clone Wars). Super Battle Droids stood 1.93m (6ft 4in) tall. They did not require a command system, and had limited independence, yet were designed with limited processing power, and needed commanders to operate effectively. Without a command signal, B2s tended to forget about enemies out of range.

Their feet were equipped with climbing claws. When not using their weaponry, their right arm was locked in an upright position.

They expressed certain emotions, yet their grammar was abysmal. They had a more violent temperament, and would sometimes push or strike allied units out of the way to combat the enemy. The B1 Battle Droids (#1) would often call them 'Boss' or 'Sir' for their superior power.

Standard models cost 3 300 credits apiece.

B2 Super Battle Droids engaged Republic forces during the First Battle of Geonosis. They succeeded in killing many Jedi and Clones. Their appearance was a surprise to the Republic, though they still lost the battle.

Canon Film Appearances:
-Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
-Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
-Star Wars: The Clone Wars (Film)

Canon or Legends?: Canon