Chapter 2

Recap: After arriving in Japan, Riko starts her first day at Ouran and reunites with her sister Haruhi. At the same, Riko meets the members of the host club.

「Riko」

After being dragged along with Haruhi by the twins, I found out that we were in class in little to no time at all. Gawking slightly, I looked to the twins in awe at their speed. How can someone move so fast?! At the same time?! I can barely move out of my bed in the morning. As if sensing my astonishment, they merely grinned down at me.

"Hikaru and Kaoru, that really wasn't necessary. I have my own two pair of legs that I would much rather use than being dragged off like I was going to be kidnapped," Haruhi huffed, slightly irritated at their mannerisms.

"It's totally okay with me, boys. Walking is so much work," I joked. Leaning back on the heels of my feet, I smiled at them.

"Awww! Riko-chan is so cute!" The twins said and glomped me.

I sweat-dropped. Wow, everyone here gets buddy buddy fast with this hugging thing going on. As the bell rung, students filed into the classroom. Everyone took their seats as I stood at the front of the classroom. Fidgeting in my spot uncomfortably, I tried not to make eye contact with anyone in the room. Introductions were always so awkward for me. I tried to ignore all of the eyes focused on me.

"Class, we have a new student today. Please welcome Ms. Riko Fujioka. Introduce and tell us about yourself," the sensei said and I nodded.

"As stated before, my name is Riko Fujioka. I recently moved here from America, although I was born here in Japan. I came here under a performing arts scholarship. Before you guys start asking questions, yes, I'm Haruhi's younger sister. Matter a fact, I'm he-, uh, I mean his twin," I hastily said and everyone nodded.

Thank god I didn't say 'her' or else I would have blown Haruhi's secret. Geez, my first day here and I'm already about to screw up. I mentally face palmed at myself.

"Questions for Riko?" the sensei asked, scanning the class with disinterested eyes. Looks like all she wanted to do was start her lesson already.

The teacher pointed to an eager boy sitting in the front. "Will you go out on a date with me?" he said boldly, taking me by surprise and causing the class to laugh.

"E-Eh? I'm sorry, but I'm not looking for a relationship right now," I apologized, a bit creeped out by his request. Students here are really bold, aren't they? I then pointed to a girl in the back.

"You said you came here under a performing arts scholarship, correct? Can you perform for us?" She asked and I gulped.

I looked to Haruhi who gave me a small encouraging smile. Looking to the teacher, she sighed before waving her hand, granting me permission. Well, looks like I don't have a way out of this. Taking a few seconds to think of what to do, I decided to sing acapella to 'Stranded'  by Amy Pearson.

So my heart has been ship wrecked again

as I try to swim to dry land to reach the shore

It's a desert island and I write help in the sand 

as large as I can that you ignore

So I'm waving at air planes

Waiting for ships to come take me away

When I noticed the tide sure is coming in fast

and I guess that this song really could be my last

I feel like I'm stranded here with no one to rescue me