Chapter 1

「Riko」

Long time no see, Japan! It had changed a lot since I left. Oh, I'm sorry! Let me introduce myself. My name is Riko Fujioka and one day, I will take over the world. Nah, just kidding. I was born in Japan with my mother, father, and my older fraternal twin sister Haruhi.  When Mom died, Dad had to send me to the states to live with my Aunt due to financial issues. It was heartbreaking, but I knew that it was the only thing we could do.

Years later in the present, Auntie has unfortunately passed away due to an illness she was battling against. With no guardian or other relative here, I was at a loss of where to go. Luckily, Auntie had been prepared in case something like this would happen. She had left behind a substantial amount of money in my name. Using that money along with some cash that I've managed to save up from part time jobs, I was able to buy a ticket back to Japan to live with Dad and Haruhi. I planned on surprising them, so they didn't even know I was coming home. Boy, were they're in for a shock.

Did I mention that I was going to be attending Ouran Private Academy? Apparently, it was one of the most prestigious schools in Japan for the elite and wealthy. When I found out how much the tuition was, I automatically thought, "Ain't nobody got time for that!"

However, Haruhi told me through email that she was attending there and really wanted me to attend school with her. As strange as it sounded, she said that she didn't want to be alone with "arrogant self-centered annoying bakas." Whatever that meant. For her sake, I took the entrance exam. As fate would have it, I scored a scholarship for the performing arts. 

Scanning the throngs of people in the airport, I tried to search for a certain raven haired female. My old childhood friend was picking me up. This assured that I'd arrive in utmost secrecy while Haruhi was at school and Dad was at work. 

"Where is she? She's late," I murmured, checking my watch to see that she was indeed fifteen minutes late.

"Riko!" an excited voice shouted. I was nearly tackled to the floor by the owner of the voice, better yet known as my friend Tisumi.

"Long time no see, Tisumi," I said smiling at her. "Where have you been? Gee, I was afraid I'd have to camp out in the airport tonight."

"I'm really sorry about that. Traffic has been crazy today. Let's head on to my place," she smiled cheerily.

After loading my things into her car, we began driving to her house. During the drive, we began catching up on the years that had passed. It had been so long. Eventually, the topic of school came up during our conversation.

"Wait, you're going to attend Ouran? As in Ouran Private Academy?!" Tisumi exclaimed in disbelief as I nodded in response. "You're so lucky! I would do anything to attend there," Tisumi sighed in envy.

"It's just a school," I shrugged. 

She looked at me as if I had grown two heads and an extra pair of legs. Before another word could escape her mouth, we had already pulled up onto her driveway. Tisumi helped take my luggage out of the car and into the house. It was a cozy home that was medium sized and nicely furnished, complete with a flower garden up front. Perfect for someone wanting to live a peaceful lifestyle.

~~~~~~

A few days had passed since I arrived in Japan. Tisumi had insisted on me staying with her due to my jetlag. She knew that I wanted to be well rested before I reunite with my family again. Unfortunately, today marked another special event: my first day of school.

"Your uniform came in the mail today," Tisumi informed, giggling a little.

I raised an eyebrow at her, "What's so funny?"