"Oh, nothing! Nothing at all," she replied, waving her hand nonchalantly. 

I looked at her with narrowed eyes. She's hiding something for sure. Deciding not to question it any further, Tisumi proceeded to inform me that she had to leave. Her school was further away, so she had to leave a bit earlier than eye. Handing me a spare key, she told me to stop by after to pick up the rest of my things.

With a final hug, I sent her off. Now, it was time for me to get ready as well. Heading to the guest room where I stayed, my eyes nearly popped out of their sockets the moment I stepped into the room. Pinching my shoulder to make sure I wasn't seeing things, I yelped at the sharp pain I inflicted on myself. This was reality.

"Oh. My. God," I gaped, "You've got to be kidding me."

I stared at the atrocious item laying on the bed. There lay a puffy yellow dress that I assumed was my new uniform. I had my girly moments, but this was a bit too girly for my tastes. It puffed out so much that I was pretty sure I'd look like a baby chick. And no, it isn't as cute as it sounds.

Reluctantly, I slipped the dress on with a pair of black Mary Jane flats. Taking a look at the mirror, I sighed. Guess I'll have to deal with this later. Slinging my medium sized shoulder bag on, I left the house and began walking to school with nervous steps.

~~~~

There it was. Ouran Private Academy. Just looking at it, I can tell it was huge. One question though: Why was the school painted pink? Walking up to the gate, I stepped onto the school's campus. When I entered the school itself, I was right. It was huge. Good luck to me when trying to find my classes. Surprisingly, it didn't take long to find the office.

"Hello, I'm Riko Fujioka. Today is my first day," I politely said to secretary who had her nose buried into papers.

"Oh! Yes, that's right. We were expecting you. Here is your roster. It seems like you have quite a few classes with your sibling! I hope you'll enjoy attending Ouran with him!" She said and handed me a yellow slip of paper.

Thanking her, I quickly scanned the paper. Then, a thought hit me. Wait a minute. Did she say 'him'? Must be my imagination. Since I was in the office, I decided to ask about the uniform while I was still here.

"I have a question. Is this uniform mandatory for females?" I asked, suggesting to my attire.

"I'm sorry, Ms. Fujioka, but it is indeed mandatory. You're not the first to have asked this. You could talk to the Chairman of the school to see if he'll give you an exemption," the secretary informed.

"I see. Is it alright if I see him now?" I asked.

After confirming something over the phone, she finally nodded and pointed to a door on the right. Gently, I knocked on the oak door. After hearing a voice saying 'come in' , I entered the office. Sitting behind a wooden desk was a man with light brown hair and kind brown eyes to match. He looked to be in his late forties. On his desk, the name Mr. Suoh  gleamed on a golden metal name plate.

"Why, hello there. You must be our new scholarship student," He smiled warmly, gesturing me to sit down. Bowing politely, I took a seat on the chair in front of his desk.

"Hello, it's nice to meet you. My name is Riko Fujioka. This is a beautiful school," I said politely.

He chuckled, "Thank you, Mrs. Fujioka. I'm glad you think so. Is there something you need?"

"Yes, there is. I wanted to talk about the uniform," I began, gripping the fabric on my lap nervously. Oh manHow do I put this?  "Due to certain circumstances, I don't exactly feel comfortable wearing this uniform. I was wondering if there is a separate alternative that I can do?" I asked, fidgeting in my seat.