Character Introduction

Name: Riko Fujioka
Gender: Female
Age: 15
Family: Haruhi Fujioka (older twin sister), Ryoji Fujioka (father)
Linage: Commoner
School: Attending Ouran Private Academy under a Performing Arts scholarship [dance, vocal, instrument (violin)]
Grade: First Year

Personality:
In a nutshell, Riko is a headstrong type of girl. She likes to face the world with an iron first, refusing to let anyone or anything hold her down. Since she was young, she has always been independent, always doing things on her own. She doesn't like the fact of having to depend on people because she feels as if she were a burden. It's better to give rather than receive. Although she may look hard headed and stubborn on the outside, she's actually a really big softie on the inside. Place her in front of a bunch of fluffy little animals and cute little children and she'll turn into a puddle of goo. Whereas her twin Haruhi was more composed and laidback, Riko was the more bubblier twin. A smile is always seen on her face since she's convinced that smiles are contagious. If you were having a bad day, she'd be your shoulder to cry on and your happy virus. When it comes to music, her love and devotion for it is on another level. She basically grew up with it, determined to chase her dream of becoming a famous performer. It was the one thing other than her family that gave her life meaning.

You would think that someone who appears so happy and carefree would have no worries, right? Wrong. Hidden beneath that vibrant smile is a fragile girl. They say that 'sticks and stones may break your bones, but words would never hurt you.' To Riko, that's a lie. No matter how independent and fierce she may appear on the outside, she's actually really sensitive. She takes criticism to heart, causing her to always be harsh on herself. She never thinks she's good enough. If she did good, she could do better. Also, the pain that came with the death of her mother always lingered in her heart. She couldn't bare the thought of having yet another person she loves being taken away for her. She despises the thought of being alone. The only thing keeping her demons from taking over is the family she has left and her music.

Appearance:
Like her older sister, she inherited big, chocolate brown eyes that tend to make her look as if she were in a state of surprise, similar to that of a deer in the head lights. Her hair is a darker shade of brown that reaches just below her lower back. As for her figure, her body is fairly petite despite her being a complete glutton when it comes to food. The most she ever ate was 5 whole boxes of pizza in one sitting. Thanks to her dance practices, she manages to maintain her weight in a healthy manner.

When it comes to makeup, Riko is what you would call a makeup terrorist. Just, no. Despite being a girl, she has little to no experience when it comes to makeup. She's the type of girl who would apply too much blush to her cheeks or end up with tiny chunks of lipstick in her teeth. Part of the reason was because she's really lazy to apply it. The bigger reason was due to the fact that no one taught her how to use it. Her mother was gone and her aunt didn't have time. The only cosmetics that she can safely apply to her face is lip gloss and a little bit of mascara (if she didn't stab herself with the brush that is).

Riko's fashion sense leans more on the casual side. Honestly, she just throws on anything that seems comfortable at the time. If it's cold out, she'll wear an oversized hoodie with some jeans and a pair of converse sneakers. If it's warmer out, she'll resort to wearing shorts, a tank top with a cardigan, and flats. Of course, she has her fair share of dresses and skirts for when she wants to look more feminine.

Background:
The beginning of Riko's childhood began just like any other normal child. She went to school, made friends, and lived in a happy little home she shared with her loving family. There was nothing that was out of place or off about her life. However, Riko's life took a turn when news of her mother passing away happened. Her mother, her role model and her inspiration in life, was dead.

Growing up without the maternal love she should have received as child, Riko decided that she would become the 'woman' of the house. She would try to take over her mother's duties by helping around the house by doing chores. She even tried to help support the family by secretly selling candy to kids at her elementary school. Still, life was hard and the Fuikioja family were just barely getting by, even with Ranka working extreme hours to support his daughters.

As a coping mechanism while grieving over her mother's death, Riko turned to music for comfort. She would remember her mother singing to her and Haruhi to sleep at night. On a different occasion, Riko watched a ballet production that was aired on TV. During her elementary school years, Riko picked up an interest in violin. That was when her dream of becoming a performer first bloomed. Whenever she couldn't express herself, she would express her emotions through her type of dance or through the lyrics of a song. In a way, music was her way of escaping from reality.

When Haruhi and Riko turned the age of 10, Ranka could no longer afford to keep both of his daughters. Even with his countless jobs, he couldn't bare to leave his girls living such a strained lifestyle. As a result, Riko was sent to live with her aunt in the states who would give her the proper support she needed. Though she no longer could be with her father and sister physically, Riko made sure to always video chat and call them. After five years of being away, Riko decides to return back to her hometown and to her immediate family to surprise them.